need help with swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
I will be dropping a B18 into a 90 dx hatch, and I will need some help with it. I am going to be renting a garage to get it done, so anyone that would like to help out, I will supply the booze and food. It will be at Clayton's house (Airjockey). This is my first swap, but hopefully not my last.

To make a long story short, I bought an integra from a buddy I work with. It had a few bugs with the motor, but I wanted to put it into my civic...I got ripped off by some kid that was originally going to do it. He took $500, half the money he wanted to do the swap, and only yanked the motor...the he blew me off. And it brings me to where I am now.

As far as the motor goes, it has a surging idle...between 1000 and 2500 rpm. Once in a while, it gave me a hard time when I tried to start it...but that was few and far between. Everything that was under the hood came out when the kid yanked it; axels, ECU, the whole nine. I have motor mounts to do the swap, and I bought a new clutch for it...

Where I go from here is a good question...I have the place and the tools to get it done, I just need some help executing it...So if anyone is up for some free food and booze, let me know and I will tell you when the swap will get done...

A few other things I should mention in case someone might sense a problem or whatever...

We yanked the power steering and A/C out...

As far as aftermarket parts, I don't know what was done to the internals of the motor, but it's got a CAI, 4-2-1 headers, Hi-flow cat, and 2.25 cat back exhaust...I know the exhaust will have to be fitted to the hatch, but I just want to get it running...I can worry about that later.

Anyone that knows anything about re-wiring harnesses, feel free to speak out...I don't know anything about it. I know I will have to change some stuff, but what exactly it entales is beyond me.

Other than that, I am not sure I could tell you much more...any questions, just ask...

Thanks in advance...

kill that guy who ripped you off.
Motor swapping isn't nearly as hard as it sounds, it seems intimidating until you do one.
I don't know about the wiring, what year was the integra you bought?
And the surging idle is most likely a vacuum or sensor broken or missing, maybe also the same cause for the hard starts.

90 Integra RS...All I know is that it is a B18...don't know what kind of B18, other than it is non-vtec and DOHC

Well your car is obd0 and the engine is obd0, so that saves you some time/trouble/money. :)

if this is your first swap i would advise you to get the dpfi to mpfi conversion harness unless you have someone on hand that has done it before...

if it were my car i would convert to mpfi with the stock motor still in the car, then when you have confirmed it runs fine and you have no issues with that swap, then move onto the actual motor swap...

obd0 motor and car is a plus...

surging idle could be TPS, vacuum, IAC or the FICV

if i were closer i would be glad to lend a hand and some knowledge...

what mounts did you get? did they come with detailed instructions?
even if you did not get hasport mounts i would check hasport.com and read over their mount instructions to get some idea of the work involved...

what are you doing about spindles and axles? what about shifter rods?

Your stock spindles will work fine (only have to worry with the HF and STD).

Once you convert from DPFI to MPFI all you have to do is plug and play. You're going to have to dent the drivers side engine bay a little and you're also going to have to notch / modify your front cross member to get the header to clear.

Other than that, it should be easy! Good luck :)

whoah! this quick edit rocks!!!!
/randomshit

You'll also need a modified shift linkage. You can either modifiy the integra one by shortening it by 1.5" or something or you can buy one designed for your application. Hasport makes one, so do lots of other people.

Back