need help with this engine combo!!?!?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

robbyho21

alright i have a 95 civic that had a d16z6 stock and it went bad so i got an engine from a friend he put together. its a 96 d16y7 block and he said it has a z6 style head from a 92-95 engine? idk it confuses me! i just want to know what if anything will i have to modify? everything from the head up is the same as on my z6 but the block is diff and the mounting studs are shorter. its a vtec head, is there anyway for me to tell exactly what head it is, i dont have the old z6 head i bought the car without it. idk anyone have any ideas of complications i might have, it looks like the mounting studs can be changed over from the old motor but idk, feed me some info please! thanks for any help!

the motor will bolt in but that y7 is an obd-2a motor. so you will have to get a jumper harness to convert yours from obd-1 to obd-2a. and from there everything else will bolt up to that harness. youll have to get the obd-2a ecu. im not quite sure on what exact ecu it is but i just gave you a little info and a free bump so someone can probably answer some more questions. : )

thanks for the bump. but it has an obd1 head on it so i wont need to re wire it to obd2 since its jut the block thats newer, correct? ive got it bolted in and mostly wired up and everything on the intake and the head is the same as what i took off, just finding coolant line routing and vacuum hose routing is being difficult so im looking for diagrams now, any other info would be helpful. thanks!

ahh yea my bad i just read your WHOLE post lol but you got a free bump. yea if the heads obd-1 then you wont need the jumper harness.

Back