need help with Word

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
what do these two messages mean?
med_gallery_35984_225_55961.jpg

im on a computer at work and ive been trying to type 2 pages for an hour now because this keeps interupting me.

the computer works fine when i do anything else but now i literally open Word and it says its not responding.

and this is the error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\hornac27\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER88c9.dir00\WINWORD.EXE.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\hornac27\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER88c9.dir00\appcompat.txt

Looks like something is wrong with the virtual memory. Maybe something's not allowing Word to create a temp file?

Have you tried just rebooting? I know that seems stupid, but I have had virtual memory errors like that, not exactly like that, but I just reset the pc, and everything acted normal, don't ask me why... I'm definitely not the windows wizard.

Quoted post[/post]]
Have you tried just rebooting? I know that seems stupid, but I have had virtual memory errors like that, not exactly like that, but I just reset the pc, and everything acted normal, don't ask me why... I'm definitely not the windows wizard.
ill give that a shot.

nope, that didnt work

.mdmp means minidump... it means it crashed... Are you running IIS or any kind of sharing software?

It also could be some kind of virus has manipulated space in the directory that the file/temp file was saved to...

Quoted post[/post]]
.mdmp means minidump... it means it crashed... Are you running IIS or any kind of sharing software?

It also could be some kind of virus has manipulated space in the directory that the file/temp file was saved to...
sort of understand but have no idea how to go about fixing it. luckily i am on this computer only twice a week while at work.

Try making your signature longer... maybe that will help... :rollseyes:

Quoted post[/post]]
sort of understand but have no idea how to go about fixing it. luckily i am on this computer only twice a week while at work.

Open the word document with Wordpad. Then "save as" the document with another name. Try rebooting one more time and then try opening the newest saved file with word (if you must use word). If you dont' need word and can work under workpad, finish off your work using workpad then...

good luck

not sure if you can make indented bullets in wordpad though.

i know you can make regular ones.

ok, im having the same problem again. again im in the library media room. there are 5 computers in here, 1 normal desktop that the proctor (me) uses, then 4 multi-screen computers with tons of editing software. again the desktop doesnt work right and 2 of the others dont work. didnt try the other 2 but i figure ill get the same reaction. i also tried to download open office, but this computer has administrator settings and i dont have authority. i have been trying to type 4 pages of written notes for almost an hour and a half now. someone please help.

Back