Need help with Xenocron USB data logging cable...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

riceracerex

D-Series Ninja
I just ordered a kit from xenocron.com and need a little help before I start installing. The Mini-USB Datalogging Cable, how do you install it? I found the ECU and the Board that says CN-2 but I am stuck, is there a part that needs soldered into the board to plug the other end into? I will be running TurboEdit on a PM6 CRX ECU OBD0. Already have a few modifications, no wideband O2 and have not burned a chip yet but want to go ahead and start datalogging from the stock ecu and then see where I need to go with a basemap.
Any help would be sweet! :D

i dont think you can datalog from the stock ecu..there is something that needs to be soldered into the ecu for the cable..its called a "datalogging header"
sounds o me like you only ordered the cable

is it a 4-pin white piece? lol I think I just found it in my living room floor, I stepped on it the freaking thing hurt too. I did not break it though... I got kinda trigger happy ripping everything out of the box.

lol yeha, you need to solder it onto the board

j/k it's no where close to being built bottom end or top for that matter and I would prefer Forced Induction before adding that cold stuff.

Okay, next question... I could not seem to find the answer in the forums or on Google.
Can you Datalog using the Xenocron Cable and TurboEdit without installing the Eprom and just by using the Stock Ecu with the 4-pin connector plugged in? Anyways, I am headed in that direction and about to solder the data cable in CN3 1 through 4.

Okay, I have a chip now but problems in TurboEdit. I copied the Pm6 Maps onto the NG60, is it supposed to read -31 to -3 inHg for a Non-Aspirated D16a6? Or should I just use the Stock basemap only and install plug-ins for the extras? I had problems with random cuts in power at full throttle when I took it to Import Face Off.

Last edited:
Okay, I just ran it and it ran alot better than the normal NG60 Fuel & Ignition.
Xenocron the man.. Thanks! I've been reading up on some of your old chat and vnc logs on your website so hopefully, I can learn something from you smart people! Cool Beans. I will try and find a wideband O2 next I guess. Idk if my stock O2 is in good enough shape to let me datalog but I will mess around with the com ports and drivers and try resoldering the header.

Back