Need Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ls_Vtec415

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here in honda swap I have a few question to ask. I have 95 honda civic ex

1. Could I fit a 95 honda civic cluster manual onto auto?
2. Is it best to get a new transmission when swap motors? or should I use my old transmission?
cause I'm deciding to swap a B18b w/vtec

3. whats the price range for B18b w/vtec and low mileage?
4 could 96-up Ls Vtec fit onto 95 civic coupe?

Sounds like you're already massively confused. The B18B doesn't come with VTEC from the factory, you have to buy a VTEC head separately and install it onto the block. That's what an LS/VTEC is, an LS block with a VTEC head. You might as well just buy a B18C1 (GS-R engine). That will make things a lot easier for you.

Oh, and FYI, if you want to go B-series, then yes, you MUST swap your transmission out. You can't bolt a B18 to your stock D-series transmission. Are you planning on swapping your car to manual? The only automatic B-series transmission you'll find here in the US is the RS/LS/GS Integra gearbox, and the ratios suck. I certainly wouldn't want to use it on a VTEC engine.

Go into the reference section and do some reading on this shit. Seriously, this information is not hard to find...

if i were you id go with a gsr swap instead of an ls vtec swap. the manual cluster will work and if you need one i have one i can sell you. just let me know

Back