need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aznhottiekj

i recently put a 98 b18b into my civic hatrch 98 and i hooked everything up except for an o2 sensor,

my engine is running real rough tho

im only running on 2 cyclinders..........im getting a spark from all 4 spark plug wires but if i pull out the 3rd and 4th spark plug wires the engine keeps running the same with them out,

i know its not my sprak plugs because i switched them around with the same chambers not fireing

could this be because i havent hooked up my o2 sensor,

and also i havent hooked up one sensor wire that is located kinda by the all the belts, i didnt see it till today so i didnt hook it up,

also i used my stock cx wiring harness and on that harness the hook that is supposed to go into that sensor has 3 wires, and the plug it goes into only has 2 wires..............what should i do??

so basically i would like any sort of help you guys could give me on how i could go about fixing or trying to find out what is going wrong with my engine and why its not firing the 2 cylinders.........

thanks guys this was my first swap so i could use some help

Sounds to me like u got #3 and #4 wires mixed up for sure. Remember the firing order is 1-3-4-2 CW. As for the sensor by the belts, that's probably the crankshaft fluctuation sensor, it'll throw a code (CEL) if it's not hooked up. Not having an O2 sensor won't make your car idle like 2 dead cylinders. Check your firing order BRO!!! Keep us posted.

Back