1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by aznhottiekj, Jun 29, 2003.

1. aznhottiekj

aznhottiekj Senior Member

i recently put a 98 b18b into my civic hatrch 98 and i hooked everything up except for an o2 sensor,

my engine is running real rough tho

im only running on 2 cyclinders..........im getting a spark from all 4 spark plug wires but if i pull out the 3rd and 4th spark plug wires the engine keeps running the same with them out,

i know its not my sprak plugs because i switched them around with the same chambers not fireing

could this be because i havent hooked up my o2 sensor,

and also i havent hooked up one sensor wire that is located kinda by the all the belts, i didnt see it till today so i didnt hook it up,

also i used my stock cx wiring harness and on that harness the hook that is supposed to go into that sensor has 3 wires, and the plug it goes into only has 2 wires..............what should i do??

so basically i would like any sort of help you guys could give me on how i could go about fixing or trying to find out what is going wrong with my engine and why its not firing the 2 cylinders.........

thanks guys this was my first swap so i could use some help
  2. 1_deuceracing

1_deuceracing Member

Sounds to me like u got #3 and #4 wires mixed up for sure. Remember the firing order is 1-3-4-2 CW. As for the sensor by the belts, that's probably the crankshaft fluctuation sensor, it'll throw a code (CEL) if it's not hooked up. Not having an O2 sensor won't make your car idle like 2 dead cylinders. Check your firing order BRO!!! Keep us posted.
Draft saved Draft deleted