NEED Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BaSiC Evil

Hi! I am a noob and need as much help as possible!

I have a 1997 JDM Honda Prelude automatic and the tranny went bad, as I have learned is a common problem with this tranny. Due to the fact that the local Honda dealership wants $5500 for a new automatic w/o installation :angry: , I am considering swapping it to a 5-speed transmission.

Does anyone have any information on where I can get all the parts necessary to do this swap? I need as much help as possible!

Does anyone know where I can get the write-ups on doing this swap?

Any help that anyone can give will be much appreciated!

Originally posted by khrisb@Aug 12 2003, 09:58 PM
$5500 for a new Auto tranny!?!?
You have a 97 Jdm Prelude?!?!
I don't think I'm in the wrong when I say...

:newbie:

:bs:

:angry: Why would I lie about something like this? <_<

I am in the Bahamas and this is the price that Nassau Motor Company (the Bahamian Honda Dealership) quoted me. My car has been sitting up for 2 weeks now and I need as much help as possible.

Dont listen to him, ok your first mistake was taking it to a honda dealership, they charge out the wizzass. Try and find a local shop that works on hondas, or imports, and make sure they have a good name, so you can trust their work. Honda should be your last resort, where do you live, I think B has a list of shops somewhere on here. Look in the phone book, ask about warrentys, but honda will bend u over and leave the condom in. :lol:

Allrite im fed up with all these fucking assholes like khrisb acting like fuckterds when ever someone new asks a question. Dont act like you own the place dick.

before you call someone a fuckin nube and tell them to stfu why dont you look at the link to his fucking website dumbass? its retarded mother fuckers like you that give alot of us a bad name as assholes and make new people that want to get in the scene scared to ask a fucking question in fear to get flamed you fucking faggot.

Check the link to the kids website on his sig, Wow look at that, he infact does have a jdm prelude! holy shit that takes some fucking detective work huh khrisb? you fucking flamer. How bout you start answering questions instead of looking like a fucking queer and flaming someone when they ask a question.

-dan

sorry for everyone that had to read that last post of mine, im just tired of seeing people flame other people when they think they are lieing, when any dumbass could have clicked on the kdis link and seen he was legit, dont mean to affend anyone.. :blink:

-dan

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Aug 12 2003, 10:19 PM
Dont listen to him, ok your first mistake was taking it to a honda dealership, they charge out the wizzass. Try and find a local shop that works on hondas, or imports, and make sure they have a good name, so you can trust their work. Honda should be your last resort, where do you live, I think B has a list of shops somewhere on here. Look in the phone book, ask about warrentys, but honda will bend u over and leave the condom in. :lol:

I live in the Bahamas and there really isn't an option other that the Honda dealership. I just have a lot of questions about doing the actual swap and the acquisition of the necessary parts.

I know that there are websites up all over the place where I can purchase front end clips from, but I need some direction on actually doing the swap cause there is no one here that has done the swap. Remember, my car is actually an automatic 1997 JDM Honda Prelude and I want to swap the transmission to a 5-speed.

wow....that's some ownage... :owned:

you can try ebay or some companies in the US/canada that's willing to ship internationally. If you call them and talk to them they most likely will. You should be able to get your complete 5 speed conversion for less than the price that Honda wants. You just have to be a little patient and look around.

you'll need to purchase:
5 speed transmission - 1500, max
clutch assembly and clutch - 400
i'm not sure about the h22a flywheel, but upgrade the flywheel to a lighter one :D - 200
pedal assembly - 200
shift cable/linkage - 100
ecu (or convert your current ecu)

you can call up some junkyards in the US, they'll most likely have ALL the parts you need and will sell it to you at a package price.

Hey hatchboy, FUCK YOU!
I don't take the time to go and read everyone's profile.
I guess if I would have read it, I wouldn't have said it.
SORRY!
I have better things to do than read member profiles all day long.

Sorry to basic evil. I retract that previous post. I didn't read you were in the
Bahamas.
But yeah, wouldn't it be cheaper to find a 3rd party over here buy you a new tranny and then just send it like FedEx or something.
And yeah, call junkyards too.
Just keep looking, you'll find something.

And next time you try and own someone, wait till there here to defend themselves.
Faggot...

khrisb, im not goign to get back into it, why? because thats exaclty it, you flamed him without taking the time out of your precious online wacking off time to look at his profile and realize he was legit and not bs'ing. Once again i say, How about reading or checking someones sig before flaming them, this whole thing would have never happened.

Thank you and drive through.....

-dan

Basic Evil, have you got a price on rebuilding your busted auto tranny?
You could just slush along with a fixed auto until you get the time and money to do the 5sp conversion.
Just a thought.

And hatchboy.
The beef is over. Quit trying to litter this guys thread with shit. I'm done popping bra straps with you.
I still didn't read the guys profile the first time.
SORRY!
Get over it. I am.

First off, you two should take this to AIM or something STOP POST WHORING,
secondly, Basic, i know B doesnt reccomend this site, but that is because its located in Malaysia, but for you it might work out. http://www.flashoptions.com
you might have a prob with currency, but check out there they might be able to help you out. As for the swap, you have a clutch pedal, and all the shit that goes with that, the actual shifter and everything up to it, then clutch fluid resoivar, plus you will need a comput3er from a 5 speed prelude, plus you gotta take your auto tranny comp out. it might be easy to find someone in the area, shop around, I bet there is someone who can do it. Talk to one of the Honda Techs, become freinds with him, by him some beer, see if he will do it himself, with his own tools, for cash or somethin. Theres a lot of ways around payng Honda $5,500 for something u could prolly pay someone else $2,500 or less to do.
I hope I helped a little.

Originally posted by khrisb@Aug 13 2003, 05:57 AM
Basic Evil, have you got a price on rebuilding your busted auto tranny?
You could just slush along with a fixed auto until you get the time and money to do the 5sp conversion.
Just a thought.

And hatchboy.
The beef is over. Quit trying to litter this guys thread with shit. I'm done popping bra straps with you.
I still didn't read the guys profile the first time.
SORRY!
Get over it. I am.

Rebuilding is not an option at this moment. I don't want to pay for something that I am going to have future problems with, hence the reason that I am not replacing the auto-tranny.

Basically I need someone that will be able to tell me the name of a reputable company that can get me all the parts necessary for the swap. So far, out of all the places that I have contacted, no one has been able to give me the 100% word that they can get me all the parts.
What makes this 100 times worse is the fact that there's really no one on this side of the world that has done this specific swap. I have talked to guys that did a USDM auto to USDM 5-speed swap, but they know for sure that all the parts from the USDM swap into the USDM.

Anyway, if anyone else can think of anything that will help, please do post it.

IDMaxGuy - Why does B not reccomend www.flashoptions.com? Past problems with them?

It almost sounds like it would be cheaper/easier for you to buy one of those front clips off of ebay(if they ship that far). That way, you could buy the whole front end for around 3 g's, take all the tranny, pedals, etc that you need. Also, you would bonus with a 5sp dash, back up parts for your lude, and you could recoup some money by selling the H22A out of it. In your position, that would be my first choice. Tough situation.......

Back