NEED HELP!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LOS222

I've been working on a Accord/H22 swap since late summer and have one final problem. When I plug in the p-13 ecu, it idles funny. I can still use my car cause when I plug in the stock ecu my car runs fine but, I don't have the power I'm supposed to nor vtec. I'm not a mechanic wiz so I'll try to explain this as best as I can. My mechanic told me that .75 volts are supposed to go into your ecu. The p-13 ecu is showing 7 volts flat for the idle control valve. How do I correct this? Is my p-13 ecu bad? Can it be fixed? What options do I have?

is he talking about idle control or the TPS sensor ??? If its a tps sensor, you can adjust it, but going from 7 volts to .75 is a big jump and I'm no mechanic either but I'll cross my fingers for you, cuz i think you'll need it !!!

It's only applicable if your car is a 94 or 95 Accord(which you didn't specify). It may also need to be done for the 90-93 Accord. I'm positive you don't if you've got an OBD2 Accord, however.

Anyway, for some reason, the Accords and Preludes had the wires for the Heated O2 Sensor and EGR valve switched on the wiring harnesses. So, if you're plugging a P13 ECU into an Accord wiring harness, you need to switch the pins or else you'll throw a code and the car will idle and run funny.

96 is OBD II, and no, you don't need to switch pins A6 and A11 in the 90-93 Accords. You don't have to worry about those pins. Have you done an OBD 2 > OBD 1 conversion? The P13 might be OBD 1, where you were OBD 2 in the Accord.

Back