1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by LOS222, Feb 1, 2004.

1. LOS222

LOS222 Member

I've been working on a Accord/H22 swap since late summer and have one final problem. When I plug in the p-13 ecu, it idles funny. I can still use my car cause when I plug in the stock ecu my car runs fine but, I don't have the power I'm supposed to nor vtec. I'm not a mechanic wiz so I'll try to explain this as best as I can. My mechanic told me that .75 volts are supposed to go into your ecu. The p-13 ecu is showing 7 volts flat for the idle control valve. How do I correct this? Is my p-13 ecu bad? Can it be fixed? What options do I have?

2. randerson165

randerson165 Senior Member

is he talking about idle control or the TPS sensor ??? If its a tps sensor, you can adjust it, but going from 7 volts to .75 is a big jump and I'm no mechanic either but I'll cross my fingers for you, cuz i think you'll need it !!!

3. LOS222

LOS222 Member

he said idle control, not TPS. What does this mean? Do I need a new ecu?

4. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Did you switch pins A6 and A11 at the ECU?

5. LOS222

LOS222 Member

mmmm... not sure, I'll have to ask my mechanic on that one. What does that do?

6. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

It's only applicable if your car is a 94 or 95 Accord(which you didn't specify). It may also need to be done for the 90-93 Accord. I'm positive you don't if you've got an OBD2 Accord, however.

Anyway, for some reason, the Accords and Preludes had the wires for the Heated O2 Sensor and EGR valve switched on the wiring harnesses. So, if you're plugging a P13 ECU into an Accord wiring harness, you need to switch the pins or else you'll throw a code and the car will idle and run funny.

7. LOS222

LOS222 Member

I've got a 96 accord. Not throwing any codes

8. tab

tab Super Moderator

96 is OBD II, and no, you don't need to switch pins A6 and A11 in the 90-93 Accords. You don't have to worry about those pins. Have you done an OBD 2 > OBD 1 conversion? The P13 might be OBD 1, where you were OBD 2 in the Accord.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted