need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4doorsrock

i drive a black misress
wats up guys and all noobies i have been working on hondas for about 3 years but just been mainly swappin b series and h series in to civics so i wanted to do a d series build i got ahold of a y8 out of a 97 and stuck it in my 92 civic 4 door but i used an automatic p28 computer and not a manual as the trans is a manual.and its kinda idleing a little rough it actually sounds like a v8 loping. its kinda kool but kinda wierd i dont want it to mess the motor up but im not a d seires expert. i pulled the spark plugs out and they are black so i know its gettin to much fuel in the motor but dont know if the to are related if anyone can help that will be great. and remember im not a noobie so you can talk all grown up and such. and before you ask yes i have bought a new iacv so thats not it.....and dont tell me to search if you all help me i will start answering all honda questions on here or as many as i can....

did the same thing with my z6 when i traded my wing for a p28. auto will not run right due to it looking for the transmission and it will throw codes for the missing sensors. basically sticking it in limp mode which makes it run like a v-8 as you say. get the manual and you should be good.

over 50 on the code means auto
under 50 means manual

mine was like A02 or something. hope that helps you

thanks man ill look at it tomorrow and hopefully find another ecu and see what that does if it dont fix it im goin back to b series

lol yea, cant say i have done it but if ur runnin an auto ecu, and this should apply to any car period! auto=auto and manual=manual. thats it! dont matter if its b or d or h or k or toyota or ford! lol

thanks man ill look at it tomorrow and hopefully find another ecu and see what that does if it dont fix it im goin back to b series

If its a auto p28 then you can convert it to manual pretty easy. You would need to know how to do a little soldering and desoldering.. or find some one knows how.

You will need a soldering iron, desoldering braid,solder. Open the cover up find resistors R18 and R17. Then desolder the resistors from R18 and R17 and then solder a jumper across R18(0 ohm resistor, a peice of a resistor leg also works and if you dont care about looks a piece of wire)

Thats it!!

If you need more help try searching if u still need help I can provide step by step with pics. Then if you still need help lol if you pay for shipping i'll do it for you and send it back.

Good luck!!!

thanks man yea just shoot me some pics of that im more of a visual guy then all of that so pm me and i will give you my email address

Back