need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orosco

Whats my best option...I just got tanabe sustec pro coilovers...I have them raised as high as they go and the rim are rubbing, when i hit little bumps. I hear the rim scrape the top of the wheel well...I have 225/40/18 tires/rims on my car now...I would drop to 17's but my car is already low enough cause of the body kit. the body kit will scrape all day...I want to keep my 18's...SHould i get a smaller tire like 35's instead of 40's or would shaving the wheel well be ok...Its only the front of the car, not the rear.....Any sugg's would help...
thanks guys

I have a 94 integra...Its mostly a show car, but i like to take it for a spin on the weekends....I just want to avoid rubbing and even thoguh 18's may be big, i think if i went down to 17's my front lip will scrape up so much because it already scrapes enough as it is....i have a type R conv from VIS and it has an extra lip in the front which is what scrapes like crazy..

Originally posted by orosco@Apr 22 2005, 05:58 PM
Whats my best option...I just got tanabe sustec pro coilovers...I have them raised as high as they go and the rim are rubbing, when i hit little bumps. I hear the rim scrape the top of the wheel well...I have 225/40/18 tires/rims on my car now...I would drop to 17's but my car is already low enough cause of the body kit. the body kit will scrape all day...I want to keep my 18's...SHould i get a smaller tire like 35's instead of 40's or would shaving the wheel well be ok...Its only the front of the car, not the rear.....Any sugg's would help...
thanks guys
[post=490278]Quoted post[/post]​

roll your fenders

I dont think i can roll my fenders...I have fender flares that are molded tothe car...Plus my tires rub on top of the wheel well which is what im trying to avoid..If they rub when u turn is no big deal...I think im going to have to have my front wells shaved if i want to keep these 18's...

Back