need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
ok basically i forgot how to fix this. when my mouse is sitting still the cursor still moves. happens with the laptop pad and my wireless mouse. how do i reset it?

If its a laptop try turning it off and pressing the power button a few times. I know that helps with a few things.

clean them...

for the touchpad turn down the sensitivity. for the mouse well... it could be the surface. get one with a plain color. i have a wooden desk at home and the optical reacts to it slightly by doing that, or randomly relocating the cursor.

Quoted post[/post]]
clean them...

for the touchpad turn down the sensitivity. for the mouse well... it could be the surface. get one with a plain color. i have a wooden desk at home and the optical reacts to it slightly by doing that, or randomly relocating the cursor.
cleaned them. how do i turn down the sensitivity though?

in your touchpad settings!!

control panel > mouse.

or synaptics touchpad or whatever. thats what most of them are nowadays.

then PM me for my address, and send your laptop to me :)

ill fix it for sure, but you can buy it back from me on ebay.

its really pissing me off but whatever. i just treat it like a woman: i shake the shit out of it until it does what i want.

ok this has gotten progressively worse. i have cleaned the touchpad and tried adjusting everything. i even tried to delete the driver for the touchpad. at this point i just want to disable it and use my wireless mouse. however in the settings it only lets me disable the wireless mouse. just curious if there is a back door or something that would allow me to do this. any advice would be great.

Latitude D800

and it wont allow me to turn it off.
gallery_35984_225_29448.jpg

That may not work if it is grey'd out.

Go into Bios... On a D800, it is either the Del key, F2, or F12. It can be disabled in there.

im at work now but ill try that when i get home

Back