need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oopma

i have 1990 celica gt it makes a ticking sound when i start the car and at a round 3-4000rpm it sounds like it is coming from the head can some one tell me what it could be

well it sounds like it may be a vavle thats droped down and the piston is hitting it, how loud is it

well also how many miles is on the motor and what year is it?..it may be a rod knoking if its real loud,theres just so many diffrent things it could be your probly gona have to take it somewere to have it checked

300,000 but the people who i got it from swap the motor and said it has about 6k on it it is like a ticking sound not so much a knocking sound how much more do you think i can drive the car befor it gives out i need it for like 2-3 more weeks and i get my acura out the inpound and than i can set the celica on fire

sounds like you got a lifter going out, do a compression test on the motor, if any of the cylinders won't hold then theres a good chance that the valve has dropped just make sure the cylinder is at TDC so the valves aren't open

Back