need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok well first off i need to know how to by pass my MSD ignition so i can get my car running again.. i was told to cut the red and black wires from my coil and to cut the orange and white wires from my dizzy and then from there connect the red wire to the orange and the black to the white and that was how to by pass the MSD...is this exactly how to do it?

also i know this is a dumb question but i just dont under stand the difference between a long block and a short block.

ok well first off i need to know how to by pass my MSD ignition so i can get my car running again.. i was told to cut the red and black wires from my coil and to cut the orange and white wires from my dizzy and then from there connect the red wire to the orange and the black to the white and that was how to by pass the MSD...is this exactly how to do it?

also i know this is a dumb question but i just dont under stand the difference between a long block and a short block.

Why are you wanting to bypass the ignition, is it broke?? I think that might be wrong, I looked at my msd setup and I have orange and black wires on the coil. Then I have red and white coming out of the dizzy. To make it simple the wires inside the dizzy that use to go to the coil that was inside need to be hooked up to the external coil. No other wires are needed, except for the wire that provides juice from the coil to the distributor cap.

A shortblock is the bottom end of a engine, it does not have the cylinder head bolted up. A long block is the opposite it is the bottom end with the head.

ok well the reason i have to bypass my MSD is because the main control box isn't sending fire to my motor....and all my wires were tested by my uncle who builds muscle cars and he said that the reason im not getting fire is because of my MSD control box itself....i have that MSD 6a with a 3" blaster coil...if you can tell what wires i need to cut i have a pic of the coil with the wires from the control box..and maby you could tell from there...and i see that you build engines...do you sell them also?because im looking for a b16 or b18 block.

ok well the reason i have to bypass my MSD is because the main control box isn't sending fire to my motor....and all my wires were tested by my uncle who builds muscle cars and he said that the reason im not getting fire is because of my MSD control box itself....i have that MSD 6a with a 3" blaster coil...if you can tell what wires i need to cut i have a pic of the coil with the wires from the control box..and maby you could tell from there...and i see that you build engines...do you sell them also?because im looking for a b16 or b18 block.

I dont have any spare blocks laying around to build, however I could easily find you one to build. Im sure you checked out one of my builds I had up on here, if you havent you should its pretty tight. Anyways the white/blue wire goes to the - terminal on the coil, the black/yellow wire goes to the + terminal on the coil. The coil should have marked out which is - and which is +. But anyways if you want a engine built just let me know. If your serious I will give you my number and we can discuss it over the phone which is much easier. I do have a extra d16z6 laying around that I could build all motor or for boost if your interested. Get back to me if you are. ;)

ok well thanks but how much will it cost to build that z6 for boost? and im really looking for a complete bseries block to build my self to past my time away from school.cause i just had surgery like two weeks ago and now i am trying to sell my complete swap in my car. i have a zc complete swap with nitrous that i want to sell...with slicks and a 50 shot of nitrous i ran 13.80 1/4 mile.

ok well thanks but how much will it cost to build that z6 for boost? and im really looking for a complete bseries block to build my self to past my time away from school.cause i just had surgery like two weeks ago and now i am trying to sell my complete swap in my car. i have a zc complete swap with nitrous that i want to sell...with slicks and a 50 shot of nitrous i ran 13.80 1/4 mile.

It really depends on what parts you want to go with. I can get eagle rods, SRP pistons, and a JE ring set for about $700. Then machine work is usually $450-500. Which would include a valve job, surfacing the head, bore and honeing the cylinders for the new pistons, and balancing and micropolishing the crank. Then you need all the seals, gaskets, bearings, oil and water pumps, and a T-belt. Which usually runs another $500. Then I would want $600 for labor, but the engine would be fully assembled ready to go. Thats not bad for labor, some machine shops will charge almost that much just to assemble your bottom end. But if you just want me to build the shortblock for you, which is the most vital and difficult part I could do that to. Then its about $400, and you could finish it up yourself. I wouldnt charge you much at all if you wanted the z6 just $200 if I was going to build it for you. Plus this engine is complete from the oil pan to the valve cover, including all sensors, intake manifold, injectors and so on.

The price of parts may sound expensive to you, but the parts are expensive do some research. I just believe that if I am going to build something that I am going to be thorough about it. I never half ass anything. If anyone of the engines I built even leaked one drop of oil I would take it more personally then anyone could believe!!

I just wanted to add the prices for all of those parts are going to be about the same if I am building you a D or B series, just for your info.

so you would charge a grand total of 600 for a completely built bottom z6? if so then i would like that but i either have to sell my paintball gun or my motor first. unless you take trades?

how much hp would it be pushing after you build that bottom end? give me a estimate of what you think. and my zc tranny should just hook right up to it right if i get that setup?

so you would charge a grand total of 600 for a completely built bottom z6? if so then i would like that but i either have to sell my paintball gun or my motor first. unless you take trades?

It would be $600 for labor to build the complete engine. Only $400 if you just want a shortblock built. If you want the z6 I will take $200 for the complete motor, or just $100 if you only want the shortblock.

ok well you are starting to confuse me...for just the short block to be built for boost and including your labor it would cost me a grand total of???like 600-700?

I havent dealt with many zc engines at all. Im not sure if the trans will bolt up to a d series or not but that shouldnt be to hard to find out. Horsepower is going to depend on wether or not you go the boosted route or the all motor route. I know for a fact that boosted d series make great horsepower, more then any steetable b series all motor is going to make reliably or without investing in a sleeved block for more displacement.

ok well you are starting to confuse me...for just the short block to be built for boost and including your labor it would cost me a grand total of???like 600-700?

Labor would be $400. Then plus the cost of parts and the machine work. If im just doing the shortblock machine work would be about $250-300 at the most. Then about $700 for the pistons, rods, and rings. Then about $200 for bearings if you are wanting to go with OEM Honda bearings. ACL bearing sets are only about $120 they work well also. But you would still need to get the water and oil pumps.

oh ok i see. well let me see my zc and then i will have to see from there.....and you dont take trades? because i have paintball gun that im selling for 500 i can to that and some cash if you want. or i can also do that gun with a solo baric 8 with box and a kicker 400.4 amp..i got a bunch of things to trade if you accept trades...just let me know.

Im not really into trades too much, but you can probably sell those things by themselves to get the most money out of them.

yeah i know theres a guy right now that is interested in my complete swap. and im just waiting to see what he will offer me. but i would like to see my whole setup go for 800 with nitrous. so i might have to hit you up...if not i know a awsome website where i can get a complete change over for 1200 for a b16. so if it goes then thats what i am going to do...

Back