need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90_civ_hatch

ok so heres my story i have a 1990 civic dx with the stock d15b in it with the dpfiand this weekend i getting a b16a1 cuz my d15 the tranny is starting to go and i hear a loud grinding noice when car is in nutral and when im driving in gear and i need all the help i can get with things that i meed for that swap and my dad says that i dont need motor mounts it will drop right in but what i want to know is what i have to do to the wire harness tranny all the cables and what not for the clutch and what shifter linkage to use what axels i need so pretty much everything so that i can get it done this weekend cuz i dont think il be able to drive much further with the stock tranny i got now

plzzz help me you guys i need this done thanks for your help

You should really use search, but I'm gonna help you out. All your engine mounts will work accept for the tranny mount I think. Your axles will come from a 90-93 integra, and your shift linkage you'll have to look for because their custom. I got my axles and mount kit from streetimports.com. I got my shift linkage from JHPUSA.com. Also, I have a DX tranny in my garage if you want to go that route. I'll sell if for $200 plus shipping. I took the casing off to inspect the gears, and everything looked flawless. There were no metal shavings or anything in it. When I but the casing back on I re-sealed it with a fresh seal of high temp rtv. Let me know which route you are going to go.

Brandon

Hey ya i kinda live in canada and where it snows so much during the winter that after a couple years or sinces 1990 there forms rust with the snow and salt from roads and if i wanted a dx tranny i would have went to the junkyard and ripped it out of a civic they got there im just looking for ways to get this engine in and running in the weekend cuz i have friday off so id kinda like to get it all done this weekend no disrespect or anything but if i was going back with stock then i might think of taking it off your hands but ive been planning to do a swap since i started driveing and bought my car so id kinda like to got the swap route

to put a B16A in your DX, you will need to purchase an aftermarket mount kit (like Hasport) and shift linkage, you will need Integra axles (which ones depend on what intermediate shaft comes with the engine) - you will need to convert the wiring on your DX engine harness from DPFI to MPFI and use that on the B16 and had wiring for VTEC, knock sensor, etc. - you will need some exhaust work - with the B16A1, you need the B-series transmission and the VTEC ECU like PR3 or PW0 - if you purchase a complete B16A1 swap, you should get the engine, transmission, axles (may or may not be any good) and the ECU - you still need the aftermarket mount kit and shift linkage

Back