1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need ideas to raise compression

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by BigBoy, Oct 26, 2005.

1. BigBoy

BigBoy Senior Member

I want to raise it slightly since i will be on 91 pump gas

jdm b16
    P30 pistons
    1 layer HG

so according to the c-speed calculator..im at 11:1

How much will it increase if i throw in some flat valves like skunk2 or supertech?

Since ill have to remove the head, should i go with an oem 1 layer again or a mugen/spoon gasket? I want to be at 11.5 max compression.

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

personally i wouldnt go higher than 11:1 on 91 octane...i dont think the valves will get you any extra compression...the only thing i got is shave the head (i think thats what the process is called)...but its not advisable.

3. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

flat valves will only yeild you about .3 if ur lucky. if your oging to spend that kind of money just buy some high compression pistons....if you have a standalone you can go higher than 11:1 compression, im going to run 12.1:1 on 93...higher octane is better, so really i wouldnt go above 11:1 if you dont have access to 93

4. CiViC_SOHC

CiViC_SOHC Senior Member

My buddy has 12:1 I think on his b-series...he runs pump gas as well runs strong except for his blown HG right now lol.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted