need info on f22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89ef22

i got a ef 89 d15 that just passed away:rip_1: and im ready to put a f22 in to it how, hard is this swap and what would i need?? if anybody could help it wud b appreciated.. :please:

This really isn't that easy of a swap. Do you already have the engine? If not, I would go with something else, like a D-series or B-series motor...

first you're going to have to do an MPFI conversion, then you will need mounts, I'm not sure if you'll need specific F22 mounts or H22 ones will work.

hit up Hasport for more info on mounts/shift linkage.

when you get it done that should be a pretty sweet set up with a lot of future power potential.

would anybody happen to noe exactly what car the f22b7 comes out of?? and yeah i jus gotta buy the mounts and the conversion kit. but what do i need to do about the tranny it has 2 cables vrs. my old one only had 1?

Honda F22B1 Engines JDM
The F22B1 was produced for the Honda Accord EX in the years 1994-1997.

Displacement (cc):2156
Power (bhp@rpm): 145 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 147 @ 4,500 rpm
Compression Ratio: 8.8:1
Bore (mm): 85
Stroke (mm): 95
Cam Design: SOHC
Valve Train VTEC

Honda F22B1 Engines JDM
The F22B1 was produced for the Honda Accord EX in the years 1994-1997.

Displacement (cc):2156
Power (bhp@rpm): 145 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 147 @ 4,500 rpm
Compression Ratio: 8.8:1
Bore (mm): 85
Stroke (mm): 95
Cam Design: SOHC
Valve Train VTEC

I had a JDM F22B in a 92 prelude i had and it was a non vtec dohc. Was quick i guess compared to others but my hatch would blow it away.

what kinda axles do i need ?

You need to read up on this more.

Mounts are sold as a kit from hasport, the transmission side has to be welded in. The shifter assembly from the prelude or accord, I think a 94-97 accord works best has to be installed in the civic. Unlike a civic and integra the accords and preludes have shifter cables that run the transmission. The civic's floor/shift console has to be cut out, the shifter assembly has to be install to the floor. Do a MPFI swap, then maybe a OBD1 conversion, or possibly use a ECU from a 90-92 prelude to run the engine off of. One year had a 2.1ltr dohc and that ecu with a fuel regulator would possibly run the F22 sohc fairly well. youre gonna have to do a Hydraulic transmission setup to, or do a H/F 2 B series transmission swap. Like brutal said above this isnt a swap for a first timer but it can be done. Not as easily as a EG or EK though, the age of the EF makes swappin H/F series a bit harder and more complex. keep reading, youll figure it out...

oh yea and here is this also from the instructions page at hasport...

WARNING: The H series engines are much taller than the stock D-series. To eliminate ground clearance issues the engine was raised and will not work with a stock hood. An SiR style hood or SiR front end conversion will need to be used. Even with the taller SiR hood you may still need to use spacers or cut away some inner structure on the hood.

so there ya go even more money to spend...

not a good first swap.

I have a junk 90 accord lx with a strong f22a and I wanna put it in a crx will I need to to use my accord ecu and all that? I wont put the same tranny that's on the motor right now in, its seen its better days. (Before I drove it)

i would listen to eveyone else and sell the f22 and go b series. way easier for the same hp goal plus there is a lot more aftermarket stuff if you plan to build the car up in the future.

I have a junk 90 accord lx with a strong f22a and I wanna put it in a crx will I need to to use my accord ecu and all that? I wont put the same tranny that's on the motor right now in, its seen its better days. (Before I drove it)

Yes, you will need to use the Accord's ECU or a chipped ECU with a base map for the F22 motor...

i would listen to eveyone else and sell the f22 and go b series. way easier for the same hp goal plus there is a lot more aftermarket stuff if you plan to build the car up in the future.

Cool contribution bro. Next time check the date before you post on a thread though. This conversation was from 2009. I'm sure the OP probably made a decision about his car a long time ago...

Back