1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need info on f22 swap

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 89ef22, Jul 16, 2009.

1. 89ef22

89ef22 New Member

i got a ef 89 d15 that just passed away:rip_1: and im ready to put a f22 in to it how, hard is this swap and what would i need?? if anybody could help it wud b appreciated.. :please:

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

This really isn't that easy of a swap. Do you already have the engine? If not, I would go with something else, like a D-series or B-series motor...

3. 89ef22

89ef22 New Member

yupp i already have a f22b7 wit the tranny a

4. hatukazi

hatukazi ambitious...but rubbish

first you're going to have to do an MPFI conversion, then you will need mounts, I'm not sure if you'll need specific F22 mounts or H22 ones will work.

hit up Hasport for more info on mounts/shift linkage.

when you get it done that should be a pretty sweet set up with a lot of future power potential.

5. 89ef22

89ef22 New Member

would anybody happen to noe exactly what car the f22b7 comes out of?? and yeah i jus gotta buy the mounts and the conversion kit. but what do i need to do about the tranny it has 2 cables vrs. my old one only had 1?

6. 89ef22

89ef22 New Member

my bad thats actually a
    f22b1

7. tomauto

tomauto New Member

Honda F22B1 Engines JDM
    The F22B1 was produced for the Honda Accord EX in the years 1994-1997.

Displacement (cc):2156
    Power (bhp@rpm): 145 @ 5,500 rpm
    Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 147 @ 4,500 rpm
    Compression Ratio: 8.8:1
    Bore (mm): 85
    Stroke (mm): 95
    Cam Design: SOHC
    Valve Train VTEC

8. LOWLIFE

LOWLIFE Local Diesel Fanatic

I had a JDM F22B in a 92 prelude i had and it was a non vtec dohc. Was quick i guess compared to others but my hatch would blow it away.

9. 89ef22

89ef22 New Member

what kinda axles do i need ?

10. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

You need to read up on this more.

Mounts are sold as a kit from hasport, the transmission side has to be welded in. The shifter assembly from the prelude or accord, I think a 94-97 accord works best has to be installed in the civic. Unlike a civic and integra the accords and preludes have shifter cables that run the transmission. The civic's floor/shift console has to be cut out, the shifter assembly has to be install to the floor. Do a MPFI swap, then maybe a OBD1 conversion, or possibly use a ECU from a 90-92 prelude to run the engine off of. One year had a 2.1ltr dohc and that ecu with a fuel regulator would possibly run the F22 sohc fairly well. youre gonna have to do a Hydraulic transmission setup to, or do a H/F 2 B series transmission swap. Like brutal said above this isnt a swap for a first timer but it can be done. Not as easily as a EG or EK though, the age of the EF makes swappin H/F series a bit harder and more complex. keep reading, youll figure it out...

11. LOWLIFE

yea i agree for a first swap this isnt the one for you, likely (not saying you will but...) you will prolly get into it get discouraged and give up on it or take forever and a day to finish it.

here is a link to the mount kit at hasport.com for a price of $750 Hasport Billet Mounts
    and here is a link to the instructions for the swap http://hasport.com/tech/installs/efh1.pdf

12. LOWLIFE

oh yea and here is this also from the instructions page at hasport...

WARNING: The H series engines are much taller than the stock D-series. To eliminate ground clearance issues the engine was raised and will not work with a stock hood. An SiR style hood or SiR front end conversion will need to be used. Even with the taller SiR hood you may still need to use spacers or cut away some inner structure on the hood.

so there ya go even more money to spend...

not a good first swap.

13. accordracer95

accordracer95 New Member

I have a junk 90 accord lx with a strong f22a and I wanna put it in a crx will I need to to use my accord ecu and all that? I wont put the same tranny that's on the motor right now in, its seen its better days. (Before I drove it)

14. redlineracer999

redlineracer999 New Member

i would listen to eveyone else and sell the f22 and go b series. way easier for the same hp goal plus there is a lot more aftermarket stuff if you plan to build the car up in the future.

15. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yes, you will need to use the Accord's ECU or a chipped ECU with a base map for the F22 motor...

Cool contribution bro. Next time check the date before you post on a thread though. This conversation was from 2009. I'm sure the OP probably made a decision about his car a long time ago...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted