NEED INFO ON REMOVING RADIATOR AND SUPPORT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

playtoy18

smashed my car up and trying to remove radiator core support.a body guy who does honda's told me it should unbolt,but it looks like it has some tack welds and might be jb welded.if anyone has removed one of these before please help.can't afford a body shop.any help for removal and/or installation would help.websites pics or anything.please help,gotta have my car back.daughter is terminally ill and right now i don't have car for emergencies!!!!!

i wish i knew how to cuz i messed my car up a few weeks back. instead i paid someone to do it

if its tack welded, simply drill through them with a drill bit. When the new one goes on, you fill in the hole with a weld and then grind it flat.

if your just replacing the upper tie bar on the core support there will be 3-4 spot welds on the fender apron on either side and another 2-3 on the vertical supports on both sides of the radiatior/ condensor drill these welds out witha 8mm spot weld bit ( a flat bit found at any supply shop) drill through 1 layer or however many layers are necessary to remove the upper tie, drill through the new support with 8 mm holes in the same place as the original support was *when you weld it back on make sure you are on the old paint lines and measure from the rear fender bolt hole to the front fender bolt hole on the support ( if there is one) itd be a good idea to measure this before ya drill it off so you have the proper measurements if ya already got it hacked off e mail me at xyswany@aol.com if ya need the measurements or any other advise or if anyone else has body/ structural questions on and if you know of any 92-95 civic coupes for sa,e in the midwest lemme know
-stay straight-

Back