Need information about Audi A4 Quattro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Alright, I'm calling on your folks to help me out with a little bit of information on the Audi A4 Quattro.

I've been looking predominately at 1994+ BMW 325i/325is but now someone has suggested an A4 quattro.

I was googling the car and I know its AWD but I couldn't find the power split. I wanted to know if its a "true" awd car like a subaru with a 50/50 power split going to both the front and rear wheels.

I'm not interested if its some stupid split like 90/10.

quattro is the shit
its pretty much the most advanced AWD system on the planet (VWs 4motion is the same system)

it is normally 50/50
it can go 100/0
it can go 0/100
in extreme cases, up to 67% of the engine's power can be directed to a single axle
meaning the car can still drive even if only one wheel has traction (only Audi, BMW, MB, and VW can do that)

want more info just ask :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 23 2005, 07:10 PM
quattro is the shit
its pretty much the most advanced AWD system on the planet (VWs 4motion is the same system)

it is normally 50/50
it can go 100/0
it can go 0/100
in extreme cases, up to 67% of the engine's power can be directed to a single axle
meaning the car can still drive even if only one wheel has traction (only Audi, BMW, MB, and VW can do that)

want more info just ask :)
[post=490640]Quoted post[/post]​

0-60, Quarter mile time, horsepower, torque... for a 1996-1999 A4 1.8t quattro or a4 2.5L quattro.

any opinion on the car, especially in comparison with a BMW 325i/is.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Apr 24 2005, 07:00 AM

0-60, Quarter mile time, horsepower, torque... for a 1996-1999 A4 1.8t quattro or a4 2.5L quattro.

any opinion on the car, especially in comparison with a BMW 325i/is.

[post=490722]Quoted post[/post]​

BMW wishes it was Audi. Anyway here is a spec sheet with pretty much any info you could want about the car...

http://www.audiworld.com/model/historical/99/a4.shtml

Originally posted by preluderjs@Apr 24 2005, 02:46 AM
vwvortex.com has some good info too.
[post=490733]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks.

I used to frequent those boards, but what everyone asks for their cars when they sell them and the general attitude of most people over there...is gay.

ive never heard that bmw wants to be audi... i mean, i dont really see bmw making any strides into incorporating an awd system into their lineup, besides the 3 series xi. maybe x5 but i doubt it.

Not that BMW is actively persueing Audi, but to me it seems that every model BMW makes, that Audi has comparible model, the Audi is better. Not that they are same, just as far as competitors go, I think Audi is doing a better job. Bimmers are great cars, they last, have quality workmanship, good parts, I am just an Audi fan.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 24 2005, 05:30 PM
Not that BMW is actively persueing Audi, but to me it seems that every model BMW makes, that Audi has comparible model, the Audi is better. Not that they are same, just as far as competitors go, I think Audi is doing a better job. Bimmers are great cars, they last, have quality workmanship, good parts, I am just an Audi fan.
[post=490922]Quoted post[/post]​

Question remains 1996-1998 a4 2.5L quattro or 94+ BMW 325i/is. I've seen reviews that said the a4 was a bit underpowered and the engine struggles.

I've always heard good things about the 3 series and heard that its the luxury sedan measuring stick.

325's are weaksauce bottom of the line crappers IMO.

318ti hatchabck is pimp

328is's are hot.

325i's are lamo "hey look i got a bmw" car, but its not a real bmw :)

a4 f0 sh0. if its too slow for you, mod it up.

neither car is fast. both are like mid 15's in the quater at best...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 25 2005, 10:42 AM
325's are weaksauce bottom of the line crappers IMO.

318ti hatchabck is pimp

328is's are hot.

325i's are lamo "hey look i got a bmw" car, but its not a real bmw :)

a4 f0 sh0.  if its too slow for you, mod it up. 

neither car is fast.  both are like mid 15's in the quater at best...
[post=491141]Quoted post[/post]​

The 325i/is is 15.1 in the 1/4mile, which is no slug in my opinion, and its roots are meant to be a highway driver anyway.

I believe the a4 is a mid 15 second car.

I was thinking about possible doing some mods when I got more cash after I bought the car, so that is in there.

Whats the 318ti hatchback? Is that a 4cylinder turbo? I know the regular 318i is a 4cyl 138hp car. bleh, i just checked it out...its still the 4cyl 138hp model thats a mid 16 second car....not what I'm looking for.

One other thing, I know this is completely on a different level but I saw a supercharged 1995 black miata m w/ 5spd and hardtop for sale. The car has 65k miles on it and the guy is asking 6500 for it, which is right in my price range. The only problem is jersey winters. I loved the del sol I had but I know the miata is even smaller... I know the feedback I'm going to get is blaaaah SC'r not a turbo, but I really enjoyed my friends miata that was supercharged.

miatas have about half the interior room that a del sol has

but then again you said you liked your friends so i guess you knew that.

you should get a bmw 318ti then swap an m3 motor in it o_O

I am actually in the process of trying to find a b5 A4. I would not go for the 2.8 over the 1.8t because the 1.8t has so many more modding capabilities.

Miatas are good and fun cars, but getting one as a primary car can be a bit of a bummer. Needless to say the storage capacity of my miata makes my crx look like a minivan. The supercharger for the miata can be a good choice too. Lots of people like it for soloII because of the linear and predictable powerband. If you're looking for info miata.net is the place to go. Its a really nice community.

BMW wishes it was Audi. Anyway here is a spec sheet with pretty much any info you could want about the car...

are you serious? theres is no audi that could even compare to any BMW!!! not even the S4 which is not only overpriced but most deffiantely OVERATED

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Apr 25 2005, 07:30 PM

are you serious? theres is no audi that could even compare to any BMW!!! not even the S4 which is not only overpriced but most deffiantely OVERATED
[post=491206]Quoted post[/post]​

Bwahahaha, sorry, living in Germany, I am not disillusioned by the status symbol they have become in the states. You need to check out the RS4, RS6, S6, S8, thats four cars that give even an M3 everything from a run for it's money, to a flat out ass whooping..

Back