Need information about Audi A4 Quattro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i am a huge fan of both BMW and Audi
i like the styling of each

i love the BMW 3 series (e30, e36, and e46 anyway, not too crazy about the newest incarnation of it, e90)
i love the 5 series (e34 and e39, the e28 isnt too bad, dont like the e60)
the 8 series was f00king hAwt (e31)
not really into the 7 series, too damn big
was never really into the 6 series but i have to say the new one (e63) is beautiful
and the x5 is pretty damn sweet too

as for Audi i like the smaller ones best
the A3/S3 is the shit.... i would own one in a second if they would give us the 2 door model in the US
the past 3 versions of the A4/S4/RS4 are all very nice looking cars, smooth lines, not too flashy, thats one of the things i like the most about them
the last 2 or 3 versions of the A6/S6/RS6 are a little on the big side for me although they are quite comfortable and very impressive performers
the 8s are just fucking huge (not for me)
the TT is a cool ass car i just wish they would offer the 6cyl in a manual instead of that damn shiftable automatic bullshit everyone seems crazy over lately
as for older models... i like the 80, i love the Quattro coupe the older 4000s was kinda cool too (gotta love the fact that you could make it FWD, RWD or AWD at the pust of a button)

with that said i would take either an Audi or a BMW over pretty much anything comming out of japan

Originally posted by lswhitecivic@Apr 25 2005, 01:01 PM
I am actually in the process of trying to find a b5 A4. I would not go for the 2.8 over the 1.8t because the 1.8t has so many more modding capabilities.
[post=491197]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright, I know the car is turbo and should be an 'easy tune' but what kind of mods are we talking here and what kind of money. I'm not going to buy a 1.8t quattro for around the same price and then spend another 1k to get it to the numbers that a 2.5quattro makes stock, plus the price of premium gas for the turbo.

With that said, my friend has a 02 1.8t jetta with the newer engine in the car that makes stock 180hp, 180tq from 3000rpm all the way to redline. I'm not sure whats different with the newer engine 02+ as opposed to the older 1.8t thats in the 96-01 models. I know its a new ecu but I'm not sure what else.

I have many friends that are sporting 325s, since they are more common here than Fords in Texas, as well as a friend with an A4. Bimmers are nice, but the pedals are too close together, The Audi was just a nicer drive. And on teh Autobahn? the Audi rocks.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Apr 26 2005, 01:10 AM-->
lswhitecivic
@Apr 25 2005, 01:01 PM
I am actually in the process of trying to find a b5 A4.  I would not go for the 2.8 over the 1.8t because the 1.8t has so many more modding capabilities.
[post=491197]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright, I know the car is turbo and should be an 'easy tune' but what kind of mods are we talking here and what kind of money. I'm not going to buy a 1.8t quattro for around the same price and then spend another 1k to get it to the numbers that a 2.5quattro makes stock, plus the price of premium gas for the turbo.

With that said, my friend has a 02 1.8t jetta with the newer engine in the car that makes stock 180hp, 180tq from 3000rpm all the way to redline. I'm not sure whats different with the newer engine 02+ as opposed to the older 1.8t thats in the 96-01 models. I know its a new ecu but I'm not sure what else.
[post=491342]Quoted post[/post]​

There are a lot of people on audi websites with 1.8t that are stock except for being chipped that have dynoed around 200-205 fhp. Thats already over the 2.8's stock hp. When I get my A4 I think im gonna go with the GIAC chip. Other than that you can put an exhaust system on there as well as putting a k04 turbo on over the k03.

If you want to go do some reading on the subject checkout

http://www.audizine.com and http://www.audiworld.com

Ben

EDIT: I think the GIAC chip installed runs about 450 to 500 dollars.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Apr 26 2005, 04:10 PM
Anyone actually own either of these vehicles or have a close personal friend that does?
[post=491705]Quoted post[/post]​

i have a few friends with BMWs i have a few friends with Audis
i have driven several of each

its almost a "whats better, chocolate or vanilla?" arguement really
both are great cars, with their own qualities
it pretty much comes down to personal choice (what options / features do you value more)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 25 2005, 08:22 PM
as for Audi i like the smaller ones best
the A3/S3 is the shit.... i would own one in a second if they would give us the 2 door model in the US
[post=491332]Quoted post[/post]​

word, i just saw the new a3 on television with a 2.0 Turbo. 6 speed dsg with a 0-60 ion 6.7 seconds from a wagon...but its fwd...but its a hot looking wagon...

Originally posted by lswhitecivic@Apr 27 2005, 12:06 AM
There are a lot of people on audi websites with 1.8t that are stock except for being chipped that have dynoed around 200-205 fhp. Thats already over the 2.8's stock hp.
[post=491757]Quoted post[/post]​

Aren't the A4 220hp?, or are you comparing bhp to whp?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 27 2005, 06:14 AM
[post=491893]Quoted post[/post]​

Well I was talking about the b5 series from 96-01 the 1.8t is rated at 150hp and the 2.8 is rated at 190.

The b6 on the other hand which started in 2002 the 1.8t is rated at 170 and the 2.8 rated at 220.

I haven't seen the new b7 specs yet.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 27 2005, 01:14 AM-->
lswhitecivic
@Apr 27 2005, 12:06 AM
There are a lot of people on audi websites with 1.8t that are stock except for being chipped that have dynoed around 200-205 fhp.  Thats already over the 2.8's stock hp. 

You're used to the more powerful ones in Germany, huh?

The generation that I'm talking about here in the states, is underpowered as far as the 1.8t version stock. A civic has more stock power than the 1.8t b5 a4.

I was searching for the GIAC chip to see what the power increase would be, everyone said it felt like power but no one actually started how much power it yielded on audiworld.

Do you know where a dynosheet could be hiding, otherwise I'll go with the 2.8lquattro.

Alright I've searched around and I can't seem to find actual dynosheets. People have posted dyno results but thats not what your looking for. I know that APR quotes their chip will raise the b5 a4 hp to 200 and the torque at 248. And from many people I've talked to the GIAC chip outperforms the APR, Wetteraurer, and the Dahlback chips.

Alright, thanks.

I guess I'll have to check into it more and see what the real gains on the dyno are.

I was thinking about possible doing some mods when I got more cash after I bought the car, so that is in there.

Modding the VW/Audi line is stupid expensive. Friend got a stage 2 turbo kit for his vee dub and it came out to 12grand after shop time and minor misc shit. He bitches all the time cuz Honda stuff is way cheeper, last longer and doesn't need GM like maintance.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Apr 27 2005, 04:25 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 27 2005, 01:14 AM
lswhitecivic
@Apr 27 2005, 12:06 AM
There are a lot of people on audi websites with 1.8t that are stock except for being chipped that have dynoed around 200-205 fhp. Thats already over the 2.8's stock hp.

You're used to the more powerful ones in Germany, huh?

The generation that I'm talking about here in the states, is underpowered as far as the 1.8t version stock. A civic has more stock power than the 1.8t b5 a4.
[post=491982]Quoted post[/post]​

:( Yea, I am going to miss this place when I leave. Really though, hang out here for a month or so, a few trips on the autobahn and you'll see why I am an Audi fan. Not that I don't like Bimmers, it's just they are more common over here than Fords in the states.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 4 2005, 12:55 AM
i hate you john :(

:fuckyou3:
[post=494636]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, I've been tring to get you to come out for what two years? Better hurry, about 65ish days left :(

Back