1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Java help now

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Capt. Orygun, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

Okay so without going into detail the Air Force uses a web based maintenance reporting program to all the work which is done on the planes and there components. This program requires JVM1.4.2_04, and as I've learned you can't have some old version installed as well because it fucks up performance. Problem is a few components of JVM1.4.2_03 were still installed. I tried to go to add remove programs and get rid of it from there, I got an error message saying it couldn't remove it because it could not locate the uninstaller. Again no biggie, I re DL the file so I can get the uninstall file and be rid of it, after reinstalling it I have two _03 icons in my add remove programs file (?!?) neither of which can be removed for the aove stated reason. Worse yet I have two Java plug ins (_04 and now _03) in my control panel and I don't know how to get rid of the _03 plug in which effectively disabled all Java use on the system. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

PS: I tried to unistall it manually in the c drive, didn't change any of the above mentioned problems...

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

java sucks.

use php

format your machine :)

3. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

lol i dont think the entire airforce is going to change it's policy because the owner of hondaswap.com says so :p

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

They might... depends on how indecisive the gov't feels today.

5. corvetteguy

corvetteguy Senior Member

Can you do a system restore roll back to before the date you first installed it? Maybe TweakUI can get rid of them?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted