1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need More Displacement

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by JDMSpecAccordSir-T, May 5, 2003.

1. JDMSpecAccordSir-T

JDMSpecAccordSir-T Member

I have a F20B in my car with a bore and stroke of 85mm×88mm which equals 1997 cc. how could i increase displacement without boring out the cylinders. I have a idea about the H22A crank and rods in my F20B (assuming they have the same exact blockheight) to get more diplacement. How would i calculate this to get cubic centimeters?
    Any help from Geniuses/Mad Scientists would be appreciated.

2. JDMSpecAccordSir-T

:worthy: VTEC GOD :worthy: if you can hear me please send someone to help me or atleast answer my question

3. mattcalica

mattcalica Senior Member

putting a h22 crank is probably somehow possible, but it would probably cost a lot more than just boring out the motor...any reason as to why you dont want to bore the motor? I dont really know too much about the f20's, but i'm sure there are some overbored pistons that you could find...

4. JDMSpecAccordSir-T

There arent many reputable machinists down here that wont charge me a arm and leg to do that replace the crank is more swapping which should be quicker and less hurtful on the wallet but what i would like to know is what kind of displacement i could expect from swapping out a h22a crank and rods into my engine which has a bore and stroke of 85mm×88mm.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted