Need more help w/ Prelude swap PLEASE!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jason C.

O.K. Here goes. I had a post a month or 2 ago. I gotta 1994 prelude with an H23 in it. (BLOWN). My tranny is still good. What would be the best (and economical) motor. I was going to go with an h22 w/ tranny deal fell through. Now I found a 92-96 Honda Prelude JDM F22B DOHC 160HP @ 6000 RPM replacement engine for the H23A1 160HP,Also replaces U.S. 90 up Accord f22A and F22B.( or so it says on EBAY). The guy says it will work with my transmission-bolt right up.???? What did this motor originally come in and will it work. How good of a motor is it? Any help is appreciated here. If anyone has bought a jdm motor I am still looking for a reputable dealer. Thanks!

Yah, if I were you I'd get an H22, not F20. I'm pretty sure you're tranny will bolt up, but F20's have less power. Plus, I dunno how much you can trust eBay guys. You can get a JDM motor at hmotorsonline.com for a good deal. They are very legit there. If you want a H23A again, I can sell you my old one. I have a H22 now and the only reason I replaced it was because the tranny was going bad so I thought it was time for an upgrade. I think it has about 50,000 miles on it. I'd be happy to sell it to you for like $500.

No, F22A1's came in the 92-96 Prelude S. It was a dog of an engine. As he mentioned, the F22B is a JDM dual-cam non-VTEC engine, but I can't remember whether it came in an Accord or Prelude. It's similar to and a good replacement for an H23A1. Decent torque and power similar to an H23.

The only cars an F20 came in were the S2000 (F20C) and JDM Accord SiR's (F20B).

And yes, the transmission will bolt up.

F22B, H22A, H23A, F20B, all good picks. I'd stick with OBD 1 engines for simplicity, but suit yourself. ;)

Ludegirl, Where do you live?

I have a couple accord buddies that might be interested at that price.

where did you get it? Could you pm w/ number? I have a few ?'s.

I live in Southern Cali. I have a friend who has shipped a motor b4 though, and I think that costs like $100 to do it right. PM me for sure if nebody u know is interested.

Unless you've got a hookup with someone who does freight shipping, then shipping an engine is going to cost a helluva lot more than $100.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 26 2004, 09:21 PM
Unless you've got a hookup with someone who does freight shipping, then shipping an engine is going to cost a helluva lot more than $100.

shipping shouldn't be that bad.. I get motors shipped from all over the mainland.

the most expensive was from Ricky's in Florida.

(I live in hawaii).

It cost about 130 to send it via ground frieght to cali and then $85 to ship it to Hawaii. :D

The last couple of motors I had shipped were like 200-350. It was 350 for my H22, but that came from East Coast to the West Coast. We're both on the west coast. I'll PM ya if one of my friends is interested.

Where is Ricky's located? Any other engine (vtec) sources over this way?

Thanks,

Russ <><

Back