Need More Power!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i don't understand this post...

Cliff Notes for this thread:

Guy is wondering what engine to build.

Other guy said that single-cam engines are worthless and you're not gonna see 130 wheel horse out of one.

Blanco posted the dyno chart for his own D-series build putting out 135 wheel horse, naturally aspirated.

Done.

It was in response to...

I edited my original post to quote that. All things work better when put into proper context, eh?

I'd also like to add that my Z6 is so mildly built that it was almost a stock rebuild.
ah hah! i get it now.

hey blanco, what did your tuner change that resulted in 4whp and 7tq? was it running overly rich, and you leaned it out? or was that the first run, then the final tune? either way, not a bad $300 spent.

I think i'll take my chances on a sohc, especially one rebuilt for a turbo, and then having name brand good quality parts, with a proper tune...If all goes to plan my set up will take down plenty of dohc, not that I have anything against them, but when it's all said and done i'll have pictures, post's and videos and we'll see how much time is wasted when i take a rebuilt sohc pushing near 300whp (new plan) thats gonna run like a charm, and hold up as good as any other

One of the nice things about a turbo D is that torque gets really close to horsepower because of the 90mm stroke.[/QUOTE]

I heard that...I can't wait till this all get's done...it's gonna be so much different than what I have now and so much better

look at how much he picked up in the mid-range. We actually had a higher peak number before the last run but he retarded the cam gear by 2* and picked up a lot in the mid-range, so I made the compromise.
that was what impressed me, those peak numbers are negligible, what i meant was "what did you change that resulted in 4whp and 7tq throughout the rev range?" what ecu are you using? last question, promise ^.^

that's awesome blanco, my old mini-me made comparable power up top, but the mid range sucked. i cant wait to button my rex back up, it's undergoing a (unintentionally) lengthy build. it'll be awhile before i can get her on the dyno, but i've got an ek that gets me from a to b. so i can't complain.

Back