Need more power!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeremykedel

OK guys and girls got a b16a ctr pistons ,rings, spoon head gasket,skunk2 intake manifold,bbk throttle body,skunk2 springs and retainers, skunk2 p28 ecu, vafc2 jdmsir2 tranny, zex stage 2 cams,lightened fly wheel and clutch. It made 171.8 @ 8750 and 111.8 lbft @7750 i want more bang but not much buck what else can be done. Any answers would be appreciated.I didnt do a pnp job on the head i think it would help. But i dont see 600 to 800 dollars worth 10 horses. i havent messed with cam timing yet .i need some ideas. :worthy: :worthy:

porting and polishing will do more than just give you an extra 10hp. It allows your head to breathe easier at higher rpms, essentially moving your power band up and over. At higher rpms, you will cycle more air through, and so you will be able to burn more fuel, hence more horses up top, and a more efficient motor in the mid range. Sell your zex stage 2 cams, get a pnp, some rc 310s, a good set of cams for the top end of the power curve, like some skunk2 stage 3's or some Rocket cams, and some hondata tuning. Here is a possible price on all of this

pnp and valve work - 750 to 900 or so
good cams - RM cams - 950 includes upgraded valve train
rc 310's - 200 or so
hodata s100 w/ tuning - 500-600 or so.

these are rough estimates, but all the stuff above might cost you less if you shop around. NA isn't cheap, and so you get what you pay for. All this stuff will probably gain you another 30 whp if it's tuned right, and that is a decent jump in power. notto mention that your motor will sound a heck of a lot gnarlier.

Back