1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need motor need help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Pewble, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Pewble

Pewble Senior Member

So whats with an integra XSi motor... its a JDM b16a1 right?? so wtf... its got 170 hp.... but the complete swap is only 1700 bucks complete changeover on hmotorsonline.com.... im seriously considering it ... or a usdm b16a2... which is $2200.... obviously I would rather pay less but is hydraulic/cable a HUGGGE difference??? im tired of this d15 shit... i forget weather cable or hydraulic is better please help...

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

not so much that one is significantly beter or worse (personally i think hydraulic is better.... no adjustments needed to get the life out of the clutch)

but it will likely cost you the difference in price to convery your car over to work with the cable clutch... then you are stuck with an older engine and a cable clutch that needs adjustment from time to time

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

oh yeah and if the engine is not 92 or newer it will need all sorts of rewiring and swapping of parts to make it work in your OBD-1 car

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted