Need my motor running.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

Alright, I know this is a broad question and will require someone with knowledge and patience to answer. With that said, please do not tell me to go look in my chilton manual for the answer or tell me Im dumb, etc. My qeustion is, if all I have is a bare 96 ls longblock( no tranny, no sensors, no mounts, no IM, just the head, block, and oil pan w/all internals, no external parts) what all do I need to make this thing running. It is going to be a N/A motor. I would greatly appreciate anyones help, even if they just list a couple of things. Thanx guys.

Also, Im sure it would be cheaper to buy a COMPLETE swap, but I am also doing this for experience and knowledge, not just for a quick swap where I dont do much of the assembly. Thanx.

all the stuff thats missing j/k

you will pay out the ass to get all teh sensors, wiring, etc

i say go get a wrecked donor car from teh junkyard
or even just a blown engine with a good trans and everything still there

if you get the blown engine you will have a spare block to build with no downtime

just a hint of prices for sensors 87 rex si MAP dealer only $275
i cant imagine about a newer car

Originally posted by racintweek@Jul 18 2004, 04:56 PM
all the stuff thats missing j/k

you will pay out the ass to get all teh sensors, wiring, etc

i say go get a wrecked donor car from teh junkyard
or even just a blown engine with a good trans and everything still there

if you get the blown engine you will have a spare block to build with no downtime

just a hint of prices for sensors 87 rex si MAP dealer only $275
i cant imagine about a newer car
[post=364915]Quoted post[/post]​

a tranny, clutch (which you can get online for around $230 shipped), flywheel (might as well lighten it a little when you get it resurfaced), all 5 motor mounts... etc, there's just too much little stuff, yeah, just get yourself another block and build it up while you have a running car, ls motors are cheap, and in the end you might consider doing ls/vtec , I know many people have gone that route, just my .02

Back