need new cat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Yesterday during one of the funruns at an autoX, I blew a weld on my cat and now I have an exhaust leak. It is right at the end of the cat so it can not be bandaged for the time being. Since I am going to be doing a swap soon, I really dont want to buy something then have to get a new one a few months later because it will not fit with my new engine. I would like to go with a highflow, honey comb style cat. My question is will it fit with the b series or will I have to buy a new cat again? Also, what are some good brands.

where can you get a random tech cat from? are they bolt on? and are they a true high flow catalytic converter or just a pipe that looks like one? are they street legal?

same questions go for the landspeed racing cat.

RandomTechCat, yes, true highflow cat, CARB legal. I dont think Landspeed would be better than that, maybe cheaper :shrug2:

doubletake: jesus!! 200+ for a cat?? damn thats a lot. i know this is a newbie question but what would be the difference if i bought a hi flow cat (obx, etc) off ebay for like 50 bucks? is the obx one even a true cat or just a pipe?

Its just a straight pipe man. My buddy bought one, biggest waste of money ever.

I am running a Random Tech and its pretty good I guess. It sort of came with the car though.

yea i asked the sellers and they said it was just a straight pipe too. that is a waste of money. but 200+ is just insane for a cat, and i cant even find one for my car. does anyone know where i can get one for my car at a better price? man i thought they were like 70-100 bucks. what are some other high flow cats that is actually still a real cat? the cheaper the better, im jus comparing stuff now.

Back