need new engine- need opinions...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

hey all- my gf just blew up the motor in her '93 cx...
I know this has probably been asked like 1,000 times, but what's the easiest/most powerful swap we could do that won't break the bank? ie- < $2,000 hopefully
she's putting herself thru college and I just graduated so we're both short on cash. Need somethin sort of quick to get it going for now at least- I was thnking maybe like a '90+ B18 or something(?) Then she could convert to vtec L8tr if she wanted to...

Any thoughts? :unsure:
Thanx tons for any ideas B)

Yeah a OBD 1 B18 would be an easy but pretty good on power swap. Should be able to get an entire B18A , tranny and ecu, shift linkage and axles for $1500-$1700 with low miles, And later you can do a LS/VTEC Swap , but I would just turbo the LS Later.

she was just talking to a kid that has a '91 LS B18 and a GSR hydro trans- hopefully that will work out...

Just out of curiousity, is there any difference between JDM/EDM/USDM/etc in those earlier models? I was thinking maybe we could try to find some JDM cams for it or something?

Originally posted by PartsChic@Sep 28 2003, 05:11 PM
she was just talking to a kid that has a '91 LS B18 and a GSR hydro trans- hopefully that will work out...

Just out of curiousity, is there any difference between JDM/EDM/USDM/etc in those earlier models? I was thinking maybe we could try to find some JDM cams for it or something?

Other than the availibility in certian cars, there isn't a "whole" lot of difference in the motors and tranny, but some. The older non vtec's not as much as the vtec though. A 92 B18A (gotta get the right OBD) and a GSR tranny with a couple bolt ons will scoot.

Back