crx, which conversion? or stock?

• JDM SiR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Si

• St

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

ok guys last thursday night i was driving kinda fast and when i hit my brakes, they locked on my and i swerved into a fire hyrdrant. luckily it didnt do much damage but i need to replace the front end. my friends suggested a 99-00 but i dont know how much itll cost and they say its a bolt in process and only thing i would need to do is cut the fender and weld the radiator support. which conversion you guys think i should do or should i just restore it to stock(DX trim)?

SiR Front:
06.jpg

Si Front
2.jpg
\
stock:
crx27.jpg

i cant find any pics of a ef with ek lights so if someone can photoshop it or find one thatll be great.

The Si front doesn't look any different from the DX front... and as far as I know, they are the same. Maybe the bumper lenses are different, but that was a change between 89 and 90.

I would go with the SiR front end if you could pull it off. The curves of the 6G front just don't look right on the more angular CRX.

the Si has the imitation air ducts; while the dx has none.

to do a g conversion takes a shit load of skill to cut and weld fenders and core suppots in and to get then to line up correctley the sir is more or less a bolt in affair

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 16 2004, 03:05 PM
Oh. The bumper on my Si must have been from a DX then.
[post=403507]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know though, because my 91 HF has the air ducts as well, maybe a 88-89/90-91 thing :shrug2:

alright i think i will go with the SiR conversion.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Oct 16 2004, 09:32 PM
ohh, also I vote for SIR as well, also FYI Hmotors has the change over
[post=403547]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks, i was looking around on passwordjdm.com and found one there too, but which is a better place to get it from?

Originally posted by hcivic.com+Oct 16 2004, 09:31 PM-->
to do a g conversion takes a shit load of skill to cut and weld fenders and core suppots in and to get then to line up correctley the sir is more or less a bolt in affair
[post=403545]Quoted post[/post]​

No it isnt... you have to weld in a new Core Support... that doesnt consitute a bolt in affair...

Bl6CRX
@Oct 16 2004, 09:32 PM
ohh, also I vote for SIR as well, also FYI Hmotors has the change over
[post=403547]Quoted post[/post]​

I vote SIR as well... its so bad ass looking... America has been neglected...

Originally posted by Bl6CRX+Oct 16 2004, 09:31 PM-->
@Oct 16 2004, 03:05 PM

I don't know though, because my 91 HF has the air ducts as well, maybe a 88-89/90-91 thing :shrug2:
[post=403546]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe. I'll have to go back and look at some old pictures.

Nope, my 89 Si didn't have the ducts. Maybe it is a half generation change.

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 18 2004, 10:21 PM-->
Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Oct 16 2004, 09:31 PM
Calesta
@Oct 16 2004, 03:05 PM

[post=403546]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe. I'll have to go back and look at some old pictures.

Nope, my 89 Si didn't have the ducts. Maybe it is a half generation change.
[post=404526]Quoted post[/post]​

The 88 and 89 crx (all models) had a bumper without air ducts. The ducts were added for the 90-91 models. It isn't trim based, its year based.

Back