Need new Radiator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

Need a new Rad for my 00 SI, stock one is leaking. An OEM Honda (Denso) radiator is around $200, so I am thinking aftermarket.

Looking at Autozone ones, prices are under $90 bucks, does anyone have one? (doesnt have to be honda specific) the brand is called Spectra.

Just asking because just had a friend buy a cheap one off Ebay and the rad hoses dont fit great and entire unit was somwhat smaller than the stock one for his 4 door Teg.

ive bought a si rad from autozone and napa. i liked naps better but they both have warranty so either will be fine

I had good luck with one made by CSF. Dropped in with no problem and the stock fan bolted up perfectly.

is the EM1 civic rad dual or single core? I know the Del Sol VTEC is dual.

Im looking at CSF or a Spectra Rads both under $60, both are single core rads. Both are ISO 9000 quailty with warranties. But I dont want to down grade to a Single Core if stock SI's come with a dual core. How do I tell if I have a dual or a single?

Mishimoto to much for what I'm doing, but if money is no object I would get one.

looks to be a single core. so I'm sticking with a single core. I compared it to my 92 civic radiator and they are the same thickness.

I have mishimoto rad in my EF great rad. had a defect about 5 months after installation. I call them n sent pics. within a day of sending the pics my new rad was sent to me at no charge. no problems since.

96-00 Honda Civic Radiators from Mishimoto at Andy's Auto Sport

I know your trying to save some cash, but you get what you pay for. Any Radiator under $100 has a short life. The tank caps are plastic, the metal is recycled, and they just dont last a long time. Save the cash and get the one you'll know will last. On top of that, you can always resell it unless you fck it all up. (The radiator)

yeah sounds like Mishimoto is the way to go for hard driving but still cannot justify it for what I do with my Si. My stock plastic tank OEM Rad lasted for 170K miles. Going with a CSF, because it make me feel good that the list the OEM part numbers

But I do need another Rad for my 92/B18 civic and want a 2 row Rad like the Del Sol so will be getting a Mishimoto because sounds like a lot of positive things said about it.

Last edited:
OEM radiator is great. They are made better, my concern is you looking at sub $100 radiators. They are trash. Tons of recycled metal and nonsense. I work with them all the time. Any time we put a cheap radiator in, we make wagers at work how long it will be before we see it again. Usually 18-24 months. Sorry to let you down, but again, you get what you pay for. If you buy the mish, You can take it out and move it to another car, or you can resell it. Its got value to it even used. just my .02

Back