Need Nissan radio help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Anyone know where I can get the pinouts for the radio connections for a 91 Nissan Maxima? My buddy is trying to install a stereo, and we have the manual from the old radio, the manual from the new one, but not the car. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but somewhere something is crossed on the old radio (not stock) harness, and there are four black wires, two yellows, two blues, it's a mess.

Well you can use a test light to find the power, acc power, and ground wires. Then from there you can just run speaker wires directly from the speakers to the radio. Im sure thats the easiest way. By your discription, it sounds like the harness was hacked up, ultimately making that ur best bet to a good wiring job. Good luck

NISSAN WIRE COLORS

Mem:RED/BLK

Pwr:BLUE

Front Speaker(s)

RF(+):BROWN

RF(-):BRN/WHI

LF(+):BLU/WHI

LF(-):BLU/YEL

RR(+):BLUE

RR(-):pINK

LR(+):RED

LR(-):GREEN

as far as I know almost all of the nissans that I know of are that way

Originally posted by MXDesa+Apr 20 2005, 11:54 PM-->
Well you can use a test light to find the power, acc power, and ground wires. Then from there you can just run speaker wires directly from the speakers to the radio. Im sure thats the easiest way. By your discription, it sounds like the harness was hacked up, ultimately making that ur best bet to a good wiring job. Good luck
[post=489321]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, I busted out my testligth, and guess what? Is was...busted haha, so we were SOL.

NissanNiNjA2nd
@Apr 21 2005, 12:48 AM
NISSAN WIRE COLORS

Mem:RED/BLK

Pwr:BLUE

Front Speaker(s)

RF(+):BROWN

RF(-):BRN/WHI

LF(+):BLU/WHI

LF(-):BLU/YEL

RR(+):BLUE

RR(-):pINK

LR(+):RED

LR(-):GREEN

as far as I know almost all of the nissans that I know of are that way
[post=489344]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if it jives with his model :)

Back