Need old computer parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
This should be in the classifieds, but no one would notice and this is my target audience.

I'm looking to build a cheap file server. I just scored a free Micron P2 266mhz system with 64mb sd100 memory, 3gb harddrive, 10/100 network card, sound card, cd, floppy, and zip. Also got a newer 17" Gateway monitor. Pretty much all I wanted out of it all was the monitor, keyboard, mouse, case, psu, cd, and floppy. I'm looking for a free or very cheap P3 cpu and motherboard to put in. I've got XP running on the system for now (until I get Server 2003 next week) and it's killing the system.

Does anyone have some stuff they're looking to get rid of? I need at least a 500mhz cpu, but preferabbly better. This system is going to have a large harddrive thrown in and be my dvd burn & download box, in addition to housing all my music and videos. Any time I'm copying movies, it takes up my whole system, so I want another machine to do some of the grunt work.

What I'm looking for that I know you guys have laying around, not being used: DVD drive, P3 and motherboard or AMD Athlon cpu and motherboard, and sd100/133 ram.

I will pay shipping costs, and if it's actualy decent parts, some extra cash. I've also go stuff to trade. Namely a Linksys 10/100 5 port switch, video card, etc. Nothing special.

Again, I'm not looking to build a high or mid range computer. Just something that'll run Server 2003. Let me know what you want to get rid of.

I have a Duron 800 sitting here doing nothing and a badass cooling fan to match.

That switch has got my interest. Let me know what other goodies you have to trade.

ive got a old celeron 433mhz with blue heat sink and fan and (ASUS MEB-VM)motherboard with ATI integraded card(1 AGP slot, 2 PCI, and 1 ISA), but i dont think you want it.
i also have 4 PC100 rams but i dont know how big they are(i think 2 of them are 64mb, 1 is a 128mb, and 1 is a 32mb; dont know for sure).

i got some other stuff(sound card and 2 cd drives) that i dont want.

*i can try to get pics if you want, just pm me.

I've got a perfect Celeron 366 that I've modded to run at 550 in any motherboard (5.5x100). I don't have any more good Socket 370 boards anymore, so I could send it your way.

I've got a Socket A Soyo Dragon Platinum KT400 board (nice board) but it takes DDR ram.

I'll poke around and see what all I have.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Mar 11 2005, 01:08 AM-->
I have a Duron 800 sitting here doing nothing and a badass cooling fan to match.

That switch has got my interest. Let me know what other goodies you have to trade.
[post=472117]Quoted post[/post]​

Definately interested in that Duron, which is Socket A and would match the board that Battle Pope says he has.

I don't know what happened to the power cord for the linksys switch. I was using my power cord from my mp3 player, but you can't have that. I've also got a 4mb or 8mb video card laying around, an ISA slot sound card, and a blue microsoft wireless optical mouse with receiver. It works fine but I've got an even better Logitech Wireless MX Duo setup that I use instead.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Mar 11 2005, 01:21 AM
i also have 4 PC100 rams but i dont know how big they are(i think 2 of them are 64mb, 1 is a 128mb, and 1 is a 32mb; dont know for sure).
[post=472120]Quoted post[/post]​

I could use the 128 and or 64's if you can spare them, unless I can get the mobo that Battle Pope has.

Battle Pope
@Mar 11 2005, 09:16 AM
I've got a Socket A Soyo Dragon Platinum KT400 board (nice board) but it takes DDR ram.

I'll poke around and see what all I have.
[post=472191]Quoted post[/post]​

Get back to me here or on AIM with what you have. I'd like that board.

I have a Dell Precision 220:

Dual Xeon 1ghz
512mb Rambus RDRAM
40gig HD
Quatro4 700 XGL graphics card

If you're interested, shoot me an offer, although I'm not going to let it go super cheap, it is still useful to me as a second render box.

I think he made it pretty clear that he's not really looking to pay for any of this stuff.

I'll be sending you that board next week Nate

i got a 900mHz motherboard (cant remember the name), 850mHz AMD Duron processor and a 256mb pc133 memory stick i can let go fairly cheap.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Mar 13 2005, 09:16 AM
I think he made it pretty clear that he's not really looking to pay for any of this stuff.

I'll be sending you that board next week Nate
[post=472888]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

And thanks to everyone for the hookups. Only thing I need is a 40gb or 80gb hd and 256mb of ddr2700 ram. but i can get the ram for under $30 shipped on newegg.

Back