Need opinions on setup!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdogggut34

Here are my choices at this point, these prices are completely installed and running prices. $4300 for ls/vtec (2000 LS block and B16 head) or $2500 installed for the complete 2000 LS engine. I'm tryin to decide on whether it is worth the extra money for the ls/vtec or just spend the extra money on turbo for the LS right now. Either way i was planning on turbo down the road within a year but i can either go LS/vtec or just LS with most of the parts for turbo now. Any opinions

I'll second the GSR swap. 1.8, factory vtec, handles boost well, and is a good middle ground price range motor. Also it will be fun till you boost.

i dont have the means to do an installation so all of the prices of B18c's i've seen are around $3000-$3300 so that'll be about $3800-$4100 installed. I'm not sure what i want to do

I'm telling you, you can do the swap yourself, its very simple actaully. Main tools you'd need is a hoist which is only $120, set of wrenches and socket set.

Even some of the least experienced people are able to do the swap. What car is it going into?

If it was up to me, since I have a crazy facination for LS's I would get the LS and turbo later, but 2500 for an LS installed is still a little high.

going into a 92 Si Hatch. Its a 2000 LS engine with 22,000 miles on it. They want $1800 for the engine alone. You think thats high? Its really really clean because its so new

Thats way too high, get an OBD1 LS engine just for simplicity.

Let me put it like this, I paid 900 for my complete swap the first time, this time I paid 275 just for the engine and figure another 500 for the trans and other misc. parts.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 30 2004, 02:04 PM
Thats way too high, get an OBD1 LS engine just for simplicity.

Let me put it like this, I paid 900 for my complete swap the first time, this time I paid 275 just for the engine and figure another 500 for the trans and other misc. parts.
[post=396754]Quoted post[/post]​

where have you been getting these swaps and how many miles are on them?? I know they want $900 for just the engine with 22,000 on it.

Back