need opinions...which is better

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orosco

i've always but turbo motors and loved them, but i notice so many people doing all motor now and getting up into the 300hp range without the boost...I want to know what u guys think..
All motor vs Turbo...Which is better and more reliable...

well i'm sure these 300hp all motor cars have a shitload of money dumped into them to make that kind of power especially when you're talking about 4cylinders. hands down, a turbo motor is more efficient at making power for less money. i'm sure you could pretty easily get 200whp or a little more all motor but 300 is a lot. if you want to make that kind of power, i'd definately go the turbo route.

:concur: Unless you got a big bank account then I wouldnt suggest attempting to get 300na horspower from a honda engine. With all that money you would have spent you could have built a turbo motor with almost double the hp or have gotten a better performance car like an evo/sti or something along those lines.

But what about getting a stroker 2.1 liter motor and doing it up...Those create a lot of HP with some mods to it...Plus you could always throw on a supercharger for more power...I just look at all motor as a little more reliable than turbo..But trust me I do love turbo..I have always done turbo motors..I never tried all motor apps befroe..thats why im asking you guys..

only thing i can tell you is...intake...a GOOD top end header...2'5'' inch exhaust...stage 2 or 3 cams..good cam gears ...stroke and bore the block...get bigger and higher comp pistons,and get some ITB's...u might see 225 hp from all that..

I've never seen a streetable B series engine making 300whp on pump gas...

What aspiration type you choose should really be dictated by the kind of racing you want to do- drag racing favors tons of power and is very forgiving to boost lag, while road course racing favors a smooth power curve with no lag and lots of control in partial throttle situations. I'm a road course kind of guy, so I stick with all motor- especially in the front wheel drive platform.

Which do you want? Boost is a cheaper way to make power, but the power curve you get out of it might not be what you want.

Back