1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need opinions...which is better

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by orosco, Apr 6, 2005.

1. orosco

orosco Member

i've always but turbo motors and loved them, but i notice so many people doing all motor now and getting up into the 300hp range without the boost...I want to know what u guys think..
    All motor vs Turbo...Which is better and more reliable...

2. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

well i'm sure these 300hp all motor cars have a shitload of money dumped into them to make that kind of power especially when you're talking about 4cylinders. hands down, a turbo motor is more efficient at making power for less money. i'm sure you could pretty easily get 200whp or a little more all motor but 300 is a lot. if you want to make that kind of power, i'd definately go the turbo route.

3. trappd-in-859

trappd-in-859 New Member

:concur: Unless you got a big bank account then I wouldnt suggest attempting to get 300na horspower from a honda engine. With all that money you would have spent you could have built a turbo motor with almost double the hp or have gotten a better performance car like an evo/sti or something along those lines.

4. orosco

orosco Member

But what about getting a stroker 2.1 liter motor and doing it up...Those create a lot of HP with some mods to it...Plus you could always throw on a supercharger for more power...I just look at all motor as a little more reliable than turbo..But trust me I do love turbo..I have always done turbo motors..I never tried all motor apps befroe..thats why im asking you guys..

5. CRXSI91

CRXSI91 Senior Member

only thing i can tell you is...intake...a GOOD top end header...2'5'' inch exhaust...stage 2 or 3 cams..good cam gears ...stroke and bore the block...get bigger and higher comp pistons,and get some ITB's...u might see 225 hp from all that..

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I've never seen a streetable B series engine making 300whp on pump gas...

What aspiration type you choose should really be dictated by the kind of racing you want to do- drag racing favors tons of power and is very forgiving to boost lag, while road course racing favors a smooth power curve with no lag and lots of control in partial throttle situations. I'm a road course kind of guy, so I stick with all motor- especially in the front wheel drive platform.

Which do you want? Boost is a cheaper way to make power, but the power curve you get out of it might not be what you want.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted