Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fidanza 12-15lb flywheel, ACT EXTREME clutch kit

• fidanza 12-15lb flywheel ACT 6 puck clutch kit

• ot

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
i'm trying to plan out what kind of clutch/flywheel combo i want to go with, but i dont know what one for sure; sthis is where you come in, what do you think?!?!

and i threw the 6 puck up for a few more poll options :lol:

this is for an N/A car, please make no posts about N/A being slow, shitty/etc *cough*B*cough*

if you select otehr, pease specify in your post!

what I'm getting!! :D :D

Which are these:

clutch kit

7.5 lb flywheel

:woo: I might try to ebay up these items before i pay full price on them though... by the way these are the products that you suggested I get. :lol:

I heard that too light of a flywheel messes with the momentum of the motor and overall driveability as a street driven daily driver. If you are gonna commute in your car, make sure you have cruise control, or a heavy foot, cause with that light flywheel, the car is gonna engine brake like a mofo. I'd recommend the spoon flywheel, its like 8.5 or 9 lbs, but if you don't mind the loss of momentum after you let off the gas, go with the fidanza. while you are at it I'd recomment exedy clutch flywheel combo, but that is just what i'm getting, not necessarily any better than act/fidanza. A big no on the six puck, unless you plan on pulling you tranny and getting the gears hardened, and if you like jolting clutch engagements.

Have you ever driven a car with a lightweight flywheel? It is not all that bad. I have had a 7.5 fidanza and I currently have a 9lb kaiten kairu. I like both of them. And unless your car has atleast 200 to the wheels you will hate the six puck if you want to drive it around alot, heavy pedal pressure and very quick engagement, but thats just my opinion. What is your setup?

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Apr 17 2004, 04:02 PM
I heard that too light of a flywheel messes with the momentum of the motor and overall driveability as a street driven daily driver. If you are gonna commute in your car, make sure you have cruise control, or a heavy foot, cause with that light flywheel, the car is gonna engine brake like a mofo. I'd recommend the spoon flywheel, its like 8.5 or 9 lbs, but if you don't mind the loss of momentum after you let off the gas, go with the fidanza. while you are at it I'd recomment exedy clutch flywheel combo, but that is just what i'm getting, not necessarily any better than act/fidanza. A big no on the six puck, unless you plan on pulling you tranny and getting the gears hardened, and if you like jolting clutch engagements.

your losing inertia with a lighter flywheel.. inertia is the ability of an object to resist movement, more precisely- change in movement

if you suck on the gas pedal, then the flywheel makes it easier to get moving. if you're good on the gas, you don't need the flywheel to help you get moving. the flywheel will only release energy when the system (drivetrain, car) needs it. so once you get a heavier flywheel up to speed, it's harder to slow down. when you're starting from a stop, you can let a heavy flywheel do more of the work. lighter flywheels require you to have more engine input, because the flywheel resists the change in motion less, so technically, you're not losing torque with a lighter flywheel- it just seems that way sometimes because you have less mass in the system.

thanks a ton to calesta for all of that wonderful information!!!

:D inertia, momentum, its all the same thing. I personally like the lighter feel of the lighter flywheel, as I have been riding a cbr for almost a year while my teg has been broken. I am actually building a motor that will respond much in the same way as my cbr, because I love the ultra fast motor response. What I don't like about the cbr is that if my hand slips off the throttle just a had, if I am just cruising and not paying attention to my speed, all of a sudden the cars that I just passed pass me, wondering why I am going so slow. Then I notice crap, my hand slipped a bit. It's just harder to maintain a steady speed. I personally think that the reponse of the motor is worth the price of the loss of momentum.
ps. also realize that the weight is not the only part of the flywheel you want to consider. There is also the issue of materials used and geometry of the disc, ie where the weight is located. The more centralized the mass is, the more responsive it will be. so thereare flywheels out there with holes around the edge, to cut down on the mass at the outer edge. anyway, good luck with the setup, oh yeah, and calesta is the bomb, stupid mechanical engineers know everything (except how to design planes; I'll be one up you in a year :D )

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 18 2004, 03:03 AM-->
Originally posted by 90 accord@Apr 18 2004, 12:27 AM

He saved it! :thumbsup: :lol:

MikeBergy
@Apr 18 2004, 01:42 AM
inertia, momentum, its all the same thing

Nope.

sorry, they are just very close relatives then.

i have a fidanza 7.5 lbs flywheel in my car, it works pefectly well although u need to be a fast shifter of gears bcos if u change slow u will end up outside vtec in your gear change and i have a act 6 puck clutch works well together.
the 6 puck clutch is a bit nasty on daily driving but the flywheel is a good mod u can feel the diference with both :)

(by the way anybody know how long them 6 puck clutches last on cars avergaely driven and turbo in it)

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Apr 18 2004, 05:11 AM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 18 2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by 90 accord@Apr 18 2004, 12:27 AM

He saved it! :thumbsup: :lol:

MikeBergy
@Apr 18 2004, 01:42 AM
inertia, momentum, its all the same thing

Nope.

sorry, they are just very close relatives then.

Depending on state of motion relative to the observer of the object in question, yes. :)

haha I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. :p

It's all about the engineers. bunch of crackheads designing the next generation's methods of transportation. btw sorry for the thread jacking - fidanza all the way!

Back