Need Opion A.SAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EdrikLongtail

Hello

I use to post here about a year or so ago. I wanted a honda real bad and stuff, But i got a 2000 v6 mustang instead. I went crazy bought bodyparts.. Went out bought JL w6 and 500/1 specail 5x7 for the car everything. But sadly reailty of living in New england my car got totteled!. and im pulling into a billion different directions in which i need a car!

The reason im posting is this to see if the Honda tunning hype has gone down or is still running strong if not stronger then ever?. Where i go i see alot of wana-be ghetto kids in their honda's running around and me being in a bodyshop ive worked on tons of honda's doing stuff and seeing that no wonder their so easy to work on and mod. But im stuck between three types of vechiles and im wondering if you could tell me whats new going on for as engine swaps, wiring harnesses and intakes and turbo kits and has anyone made it easyer to do a ls/vtech swap any easyer?, any better supesnion parts? i just need a feel from the honda family again to see if theirs anything out their.

this what im debating on

nother 2000 v6 mustang 5speed: I find them everything for 6500-9g's.. depending on miles and dealers. I have tons of shit in my basement for the car but anyone that has crash can admit how wired it feels getting in the same kind of car and not atlest thinking about it.

98-04 s-10 truck, simple bag... and dragging the frame alot of custom work

94-96 Honda - Trip over parts when im looking, everything clean and simple, be one with the crowed,lo lj/k

so basicly im just asking whats out their!

honda crx :p drop a gsr, ls/vtec or, type R. I have the Ls/vtec and i love it!
Its the ultimate sleeper. looks like a stock HF, except for the centerline wheels. My g/f has a 01 honda civic coupe. Thats real nice and comfortable.

Originally posted by EdrikLongtail@Mar 18 2005, 06:54 AM
Well im just looking for as new things to come out for honda's u know?
[post=475249]Quoted post[/post]​

05 Acura T,L they look nice. I believe it's like 300 horse, fully loaded interior with navigation and shit. 1/4 time blows though, i think it was like 15.9. But they are very nice to look at. I saw it on the t.v's car and driver.
I say get a decent year car 98+ and drop and bad ass motor. Ludes,civics, any thing that looks good, feels comfortable, and has a nice quiet interior. Something your girl would like to ride in :)
My girl hates driving in my rex,she says its to loud, old, and uncomfortable. I say,'' it'll smoke the shit out of your civic!'' But you know how girls are

If you're accustomed to a late-model Mustang, I would say to look for an Accord Coupe, model years 1994 through 1997, then transplant a JDM H22A Prelude engine into it. You should see comparable performance, and it should be a comfortable car for both the driver and passengers.

The H22A powerplant also has good performance potential - it's not uncommon to see them hit 400 horsepower under forced induction.

Dude....

If you've only been out of the Honda scene for a year....trust me, everything is the same. There haven't been any spectacular inventions to speak of. Maybe a few new aftermarket companies, a few new products, but the Honda power equation remains the same: Lightest car, most powerful engine you can afford..quite simple.

If you want my advice on your car selection options, I think that whatever you do, you shouldn't buy another V6 Mustang. They are, without doubt, 100% Grade "A", Certified, American Poop. Waste of money, waste of time....for any reason....there is seriously no niche market for that car. Don't make the same mistake twice.

If you want a decent car for the price range you're looking at, go for a 96-00 hatch, with either a USDM B16A2, or a USDM B18C1 (depending on your budget). Keep it OBDII for ease of installation, and call it a day. Do whatever modifications to the exterior you want, or whatever stereo...blah blah blah. Keep it simple, keep it clean.

EdrikLongtail are you native american or you have a tail?..... trust me hondas are the best dont buy a ford....found on road dead.....and the v6 hahahahaha youll get spanked by rexes or ef hatches with d16s.... lol...if you like bigger cars get the accord....

I wanted a honda real bad and stuff, But i got a 2000 v6 mustang instead

:bash:

new swaps? check out hasport.com

easier ls-vtec?
how lazy are you?

huge diffrences between american almost muscle, low rider truck, or import...
and 94-96??
its 92-95, or 96-00...

i think you need to decide what you want first...

:ditto: yeah. If you still want a mustang then buy a older model like 89 or 94, drop and Cleveland 351 and work from there. My friend has the same setup and is pulling 400 stock (cleveland motor and maybe minor mods). He's pulling 700 with Turbo he just slapped on there. ooohhhh that think is scary!

I agree, if you like bigger cars get a bigger car. My main car is a '91 Taurus SHO. It's my little avatar. I don't know a ton about the Honda scene but I do know one thing, a v6 mustang is like an ill flow with no beat it's incomplete, it's like a stickup kid runnin round without no heat, it like a fifth with no kick a fiend with no hit. A bad bitch that won't blow dick. It's like a rollie with no ice, a gamblin spot with no dice. Like fuckin supermodel bitches and not bustin off twice.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Mar 18 2005, 03:04 PM
I agree, if you like bigger cars get a bigger car. My main car is a '91 Taurus SHO. It's my little avatar. I don't know a ton about the Honda scene but I do know one thing, a v6 mustang is like an ill flow with no beat it's incomplete, it's like a stickup kid runnin round without no heat, it like a fifth with no kick a fiend with no hit. A bad bitch that won't blow dick. It's like a rollie with no ice, a gamblin spot with no dice. Like fuckin supermodel bitches and not bustin off twice.
[post=475460]Quoted post[/post]​

how long did it take for to think of that :lol: :lol: :lol: . By the way, i think he gets the idea that we dont like v6 stangs :p

It's from a song, I kinda have a knack for memorizing things w/o trying and while I was wondering why you would get a v6 stang those lyrics popped into my head and I thought they summed up how I felt.

Recked, you're not down with the Taurus SHO? I have some simple mods done to it and I walk over 5.0 and Z28's. I know lots of people don't like how they look but I kinda do. Had it since I was 17. If Longtail doesnt mind how it looks, it's a big car (if that's what he's after) and it would certainly demolish a v6 stang in a race, plus he would have the benefit of having a pretty rare engine.

93FordTaurusSHO-Purple-19.jpg

SHO.jpg

before I touched up the paint... I think it looks tight though. The only problem is they are hard to get parts for. For example, the engine fan motor is $300. Reguklar taurus is $30. But he could get a SHO for like 3-5k w/o rust and they run VERY good. As long as he keeps up on the oil and stuff the engines are sposed to be able to outlast the body. Anyway, I know thats not one of the cars he mentioned but I just thought I would make a suggestion.

no, i am not down with any ford actually...
owed my share, will never go back..

i like reliability, and not being stranded...
and not having a motor designed to blow headgaskets by 100K...
or rock auto tranny's every 30K...

The engine and tranny in the SHO were made by Yamaha. The only car engine they ever made I think. It's a 3.0 v6 with 220hp stock. At the time it was made it was more hp per liter than almost any car in the world. Nicknamed the bulletproof
engine. Supposedly can go over 300k miles before needing to be rebuilt if regular oil changes and 60k maintenances are performed. I feel that a shitty car is a shitty car and every company makes em. I don't think that one car company is necessarily better than another and I sure as hell don't buy into the Ford vs Chevy thing. I can understand getting burnt by the same car company a few times can make ya not want to support them. It's called Classical Conditioning right?? ;)

no, its called quality control...

and domestics just can't compete...
they would rather use shittier parts to have a cheaper product...

Back