need peoples b20 advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jinstuh

okay i know this topic is freakin old and i've already seen soo many but im starting my own b20 project this month and need peoples advice cause the forums i've seen dont really answer the questions i have...

well see at first i was gonna ls turbo but then i discovered that b20 turbo cost just as much. so hell i went with that, i spent time looking for a b20z but damn its soo hard to find one..so i settled for a b20b. its good enough for me. i have all the required parts for it like gsr tranny, ls harness, ecu, axles, drive shaft, intake manifold, blah blah blah.

i just ordered my own custom turbonetics t3/t4 turbo setup. knowing that honda motors with stock internals cant run a turbo without upgraded pistons and rods. i went out and bought me some je pistons and crowler rods.. :D

heres my question though well i got the b20 w/ almost fully built block and a good turbo setup. the real question is..is this hoe reliable? i dont wanna have to drive this sucker and have it blow up on me, that would be IMBRASSING.

my second question is b20/vtec turbo. i know that vtec is not required when your boosting but more power to me. i heard different sides of it. some people say b20/vtec SUCKS cause its soo unreliable and i have seen some b20/vtecs blow with in the year. is it really worth it or is vtec head just too damn risky?

i've also heard vtec and boost dont mix very well. cause at first i was thinkin about gsr turbo but friends told me that its better to just have a fully built ls turbo or b20 turbo

No, B20/VTEC is only unreliable because people don't know what they're doing. A VTEC head will always flow more than a non-VTEC B series head if both are stock too, so yes you can/will make more power with a VTEC conversion.

HOWEVER... if you've already spent the money to buy forged pistons and rods, just tune everything well and you can make 300+ whp easy.

VTEC and boost mix just fine- you just have to know what you're doing. Tuning is everything. If you want VTEC, go for it- just spend the money to do it right.

damn you go through motors like crazy... i saw your homepage. explain? i dont wanna have to go through the same thing

Back