Need pistons for buildup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wow- they've really updated their site- but still no CP pistons listed. Hmm...

IB Spec pistons = :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah, all the experts in here really fell up the board. So now I learn new thing, by using p30 pistons, I wont be able to use my stock rods. Will, if I find a set of P30(does it matter what year they came from, as long as its a p30?) I will buy after market rods or ITR rods. So, if I do buy a p30 piston set, which honda motor pistons rings would fit? Where did Bill purchased his from?The reason I havent decided which pistons to go is that I dont want any compression higher than 12. Some of you guys have different opinion, and suggest different brands. I check Wiesco, they have something like 11.8-12.4 I will give them a call to see if they have a set that will meet my need. I will also check on IB after finishing typing this. and if Wiesco accurately claim that the 11.8 is true, then I think I will go with them and look no further. thanks you guys for all the helps AND KEEP POSTING SO I can ADSORB ALL OF YOUR SKILLS!

If you want to be absolutely sure about compression, calculate it yourself. Just get the volume of the piston dome along with the compression height of the piston, and combined with your combustion chamber volume, deck height, head gasket thickness and stroke- you can calculate the exact compression that your engine will have.

Don't always trust posted numbers. IB displays compression numbers for their pistons in a GSR engine I believe- so that uses a GSR's stroke and combustion chamber volume. Depending on your setup, your compression could be higher or lower.

Any Honda rings that match your pistons' bore size should fit your P30 pistons. The piston diameter is what really matters when you're buying rings- so make sure those match up and you're usually ok.

Thanks guys. I think these sets might work. their compression ratio is a little over 12 but I think I could get a ticker head gasket to low it. what do you guys think, will I have problem pistons hitting valves by using either set of this pistons(remember I will buy thicker head gasket to low the compression) some of your postes mention about stock head gasket being .026 so exactly how much thicker of a head gasket do I need? thanks

Here are the piston sets

84 mm 3.5 cc, 12:1

84.5 mm 3.5 cc, 12.1:1

$395.00

Back