1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Pro Advice

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by Joka, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Joka

Joka Member

Ok, I have a 91 Crx Hf, When i bought the car it had no radio and no plugs. All the original shit was ripped out and there are no wires anywhere.

I want to go buy a Cd player today and put it in but after buying the harness and plugging everything back into the headunit where do I plug the extra plugs too? There is none, So how do I run the HEadunit with no factory wires. Clock also doesnt work those wires were pulled too. Can i run all my wires from an amp?

2. neonmike

neonmike Senior Member VIP

so there are no wires at all in the car ?

3. Joka

Joka Member

Correct, Atleast none behind where the headunit should go (usally theres a big plug and antenna) and theres nothing but im tired of driving down the road with no music.

4. neonmike

well if there are no wires at all your best bet would be to run the power wires from the fuse box for the conbstant and the accessory wires, find a good spot to use for a ground and then run speaker wires to the speakers. that is the easiest and only way pretty much to do it.

5. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

Are thert cut wires at all ?
    if not you need to rerun alkl the wires

6. Joka

Joka Member

No wires at all, Not even cut. I think im going to do what mike said and see how it comes out.

7. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

8. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

It's easy. Your red is typically the switched power (accessory power wire), yellow is usually the constant power, black is ground, and blue is amplifier turn on or power antenna activation. Run all your own speaker wires- it'll sound better if you run decent quality large gauge wire. Considering that the car is almost 15 years old, putting in all new wire is generally a good idea anyway.

9. tab

tab Super Moderator

:werd:

10. neonmike

yes those colors are only the colors of the aftermarket headunit. they do not match up color to colr in the car itself

11. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Option 1: Get a new dash harness, swap it, and call it a day
    Option 2: Wire everything up manually.

The hard one will be illumination. Other than that, everything is pretty simple. You have to have wires in there somewhere, dig until you find them, or where they were cut. You'll need to tape them off anyway to keep fuses from blowing.

*edit*

Honda's factory stereo wiring is a joke anyway, UBER thin everything. power, ground, speakers, everything is way too damned thin.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted