Need Serious help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JODYG35950

I did a mpfi conversion on my 89 hatch dx, went by two different conversion how-to's to double check everything. Here is whats goin on that i have found:
1. when ignition is turned on, main relay chattered
2. fuel pump came on but didn't kick right back off after press. build-up(new Walbro)
3. fuel flooded cylinders 1 and 2 which hydro-locked the motor.
4. Check engine light come on with ign. but stays on and there is no light on ecu(in my other car, the light on ecu flashes as soon as ign. is on)
5. tried 2 main relays and both chattered when activated.
6. wires A3 and A7 harness side go to nothing according to bothe sheets i looked at, but both had 12 volts ign. power on them.
Can anyone please shed some light on this for me

with the CEL on constant and no codes, you need to hook up the grounds on your t-stat housing, one is for your ECU

you seriously have the wrong diagram
here's my write up, i know its right i did it on my car
dewkie-mpfi.jpg

this was the first conv i ever did and had no probs

k, i'll double check all wiring with yours. Any answers on the fuel problem? This has confused me. The walbro pump is a 255 lph pump, also car has a adj. fuel reg. on it and fuel press. gauge. The gauge reads no more than 35 psi on rail.

if you dont have a3 & a7 hooked to anyting it could be throwing your ecu or main relay off, causing it to dump fuel excessively

get your MPFI wired correctly like my write up and then see what happens, dont forget your grounds

:D :D :D THANKS for all the help, injector 1 was wired wrong and had a bad main relay. Thank you very much for the quick reply. Car runs great now!!

relay was prob just stuck, not actually fried
i keep mine hanging out from under the dash so when it acts up i can kick it to get it unstuck

enjoy your new ride

Back