Need some advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jman844

Just cracked my #2 cylinder and put a valve sideways through the head on my b16a2 civic si--after 210K of abuse, and after JRSCed @ 150K running 8lb of boost the engine's done. I've got the type r tranny with lsd and have built up all the other essentials over the years. I don't want to get rid of the car since I've had it since '99. What are my options for used engines that will still allow the JRSC to bolt on up? I've got the hondata s200 with the rc440s. Any options or ideas?? I've got about a 2500-3000 budget I need to stay in otherwise she's going to the graveyard. I'm great with mechanicals on the engine but really don't want to get into a complicated swap with wiring harnesses etc. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

As far as wiring up, would a JDM be the same as USDM? Which should I stick with for the easiest wiring?

I thought about another b16a2...but I'm looking for something with a little more juice. I'm almost certain I want the 180hp jdm B18c1 and then bolt my jrsc onto it. The only thing I'm wondering is whether I'll need to get a new hondata computer for the setup since the cpu I have is OBDI with a OBDII conversion built onto it. Any ideas for wiring harnesses or if such a feat is feasible?

or you could just sell me you jrsc for real cheap :D

no but seriously... a jrsc for a b16a head will not bolt up to a gsr head, you have to change the manifold part.

Thanks,

I almost bought a gsr this morning; you just saved me some $. Any recommendations on engines that will work with jrsc made for a b16a2, and still bolt up in my 99 si?

i think you can buy different manifold parts for the jrsc blower.... i know i was looking at buying a used one from this guy a while back and he said he had the both manifolds for a b18c1 and for the b16a/b18c5/b17a. i was wondering he had both but didnt ask.

Looks like my best bet is just to find a low mileage or rebuilt b16a2. I've been looking for a rebuilt, but most of what I'm finding is just ppl selling their old ones. Any ideas?

As was said previously, you can use a GS-R engine, you just need to use a B16/Type R-style intake manifold...

Made up my mind. Going to order the jrsc gsr manifold and go with the usdm gsr obdII. Any ideas where I can get a good deal online for a gsr from a reliable dealer?? Anybody have any experience buying an engine online? Advice much appreciated...will rep for good advice. Thanks

Ok here's the setup I've finally got planned. JDM B18c1 gsr. New jrsc intake manifold so I can slap the ol' blower on. OBDIIa wiring harness and then buy a hondata s300. The s200 i have is retrofitted for a obd2b harness, so it's either an adapter or new ecu; i'm in the mood to upgrade. Sound like a good setup? Any ideas/suggestions before I destroy my savings? Mad props to all who have helped me along this far! I will spread the rep around

no need to change harness or ecu you will just have to retune for the larger engine and diffrent compression ratio. Your old harness will plug right in to your new engine and you will be good to go. jut rember to retune cant stress that enuff

Any cfk sensor experts out there? I've already read through a ton of the old threads dealing with this problem but couldn't find anything specific enough to my situation. Here's what I got. I went with a usdm gsr motor coming from a b16a2 out of a 99si. The oil pump is an obd I type r...no place for my cfk sensor to go. I have a hondata obd 1 ecu (s200) with the hook ups on that ecu allowing me to use my obd 2b stock wiring harness. What are my options here?? Buy a new oil pump that I can hook my cfk senor up to? Or just leave the senor out? If leaving it out, will this cause ecu probs down the road?

Just a quick question; got the gsr engine all bolted up in the bay and now I hooking up water hoses etc. What I didn't notice was that the gsr has a different water tube (part that runs from thermostat housing to waterpump) than the b16a2 did. It has different locations, hookups, etc. What I'm wondering is that if I put my b16a2 water tube on the gsr engine, will it cause any problems? I don't see why it would but I just want to check those with more experience than myself. Thanks.

Back