Need Some Advice.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Alright some of you might know that my CRX got jacked a while back. Well now i got my financial aid $$, and my aunt bought me a car, but it is a POS. Its an 86 Corolla,It's in hella good condition but fuckin embarrassing to drive. Now that i got $$ i was thinking whether i should buy another rex or should i buy my GF's Del sol. Its a 94, bone stock , jsut replaced thetranny and clutch, not an SI, just a D15. I would pay her 4000, but i would get to take my time and pay it off slowly. The reason i ask is because i loved the way me CRX handled and i want that feel again. Since some of you own Sols, how do they handle compared to a rex once the suspension is done???? I was thinking i could get this and go with a GSR motor for it, or just drive it and then sell that corolla and the sol and probably have enough for a real GSR.
Let me know what you think, I especially watn to know what the sols feel like with a little suspension work doen, cuz this one feels like shit cuz it's stock.

4k for an S-model is a rip off. i couldnt get 3500 for my si when it was up for slae for 3 months....

Go on Autotrader and check out how much they sell for here, 92111, . they go for like 4-5000 for an S , and more for an SI. The reason im gonna give her that much is because when we bought the car for 3000, it ended up having a fucked up tranny, so we replaced that and the clutch, so she now has 4k in it, so i wanna give her what she has in it, plus i could probably get 4500 out of it with a little work and cleanup

Originally posted by senate_9427@Sep 30 2003, 04:09 AM
Go on Autotrader and check out how much they sell for here, 92111, . they go for like 4-5000 for an S , and more for an SI. The reason im gonna give her that much is because when we bought the car for 3000, it ended up having a fucked up tranny, so we replaced that and the clutch, so she now has 4k in it, so i wanna give her what she has in it, plus i could probably get 4500 out of it with a little work and cleanup

So it's a Cali car then, that's better than a rusting one from up north. Don't overpay your gf for that car. Cars are meant to be driven, replacing the tranny falls under wear and tear. How many miles has she put on her car in the meantime, and how long ago was this tranny replaced?

Then on the flip side, if you buy her car and suddenly need some other major work done on this 10 year old car, would she give you money back for the repairs on it?

Well i have only driven like 5 miles on the tranny and clutch, she's never driven it cuz she ended up not wanting to learn standard. Any other engine work i can do, except electrical, so thats no worry for me. And it will basically be our car because we live together and share the cars, so its not like we're gonna break up next week and have a bunch of shit between us. I dont think its too much cuz ive seen ones in worse condition sell for more.

Hey so what about how they handle????
B? Asmallsol??? Anyone reading this??

Yoshi, I'll buy it if you let me pay for it in payments

u have a mint condition AE86 and u want to get rid of it?!?!?! WTF IS WRONG WITH U! PAINT IT WHITE, CARBON FIBER HOOD IS OWNAGE. keep the ae86 mang, del sols are heavy and slow. ae86 is my dream car right now if i had the $$ id get 1.

sorry can't do payments i have a bank loan on it so i would have to have it all to pay off my loan

no its not an AE86

Trust me this shit is funny, this is what it is:
s3f79fcfa1fbfb.jpg

Back