need some advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MadMaXXX

Mad Man
hi every1

im currently looking for a car, specifically an integra and found a gsr with 124k miles on it for 5 grand

i also see a lot of ls integras with under 100k miles on em for the same price

now im a college student and would like sometin i would not need to have too repair too often

i would love the gsr but im kinda apprehensive about the 124k miles on it

depending on you guy's advice i may be checking the gsr this weekend

thanks a lot

it's a honda...it should be fine, unless you dog on it a lot.

IMO you should get the GSR for 5k, drive it easy until you get a little cash saved up, sell the B18 thats in it, and then buy a newer B18c5.

werd!

no no no
if i wanted to do that i coulda goten an ls with a shitload of miles for even cheaper

i have no plans for swaps in the future

thank u 4 the reply

i wasn't sayin do a swap to make it badass, just to have a motor with lesser mileage on it.

you could prolly sell the b18 for around $1500, even having a good bit of miles on it, and get a newer b18 for around 2k.

even if you kept the motor with all the mileage, like i said, it's a honda, so it'll last forever. just don't dog on it.

i dont really drive too crazy but there is always a possibility that the previous owner did

however no mods are listed and i can't know for sure unless i check it out

please continue with the replies though i really appreciate it

take it for a test drive, and run a carfax report on it.

what year is it? honestly, for 5k, either it's an older model, or it has somethin wrong with it.

or you never know. either way, i'd still get it if i were you. if nothin else, you've got an old motor you can sell, and a shell that's full of possibilities.

a 95 gsr for 5k?

buy that fucker. i don't care whats wrong with it, it can be fixed.

buy it NOW. FAST.

here are some things to look for when considering a used car. my dad got these tips from someone who worked at a dealership.

1. the engine should be quiet.
2. no fluid leaks on the ground or in the engine bay.
3. rev the car while parked. there should be no excessive engine vibration or noises.
4. there should be no noticeable engine or steering vibrations when driving the car.
5. you should be able to get it going without giving it much gas (manual transmission).
6. there should be no grinding or vibration when you shift gears.
7. the car should not vibrate when going uphill.

i just got a 94 gsr for $5000 with a 106,000 miles on it... which i still consider a good deal... my only advice to you is to(as someone stated above) get a carfax report on it if you still like it after you drive it and check it out... oh and make sure that the timing belt/ water pump was replaced at about 100k... dont be suprised if the exhaust manifold(given that its stock) rattles between 3000 and 4000 rpms...

I personally wouldn't buy a car (reguardless of what it was unless I just wanted the shell) with more than 100,000 miles on it. That does sound like a good price but the miles would keep me away from it. Yeah, Honda/Acura engines can go 300,000 + but with $5000 you could get a decent down payment on a new car (depending on whether you want payments). Do a carfax on it, compare kelley blue book and test drive it. It it seems like a go and you want it, I say purchase her.

went to check it out today and apparently some guy already drove away with it just before i got there <_<

now the question is which 1 of u guys did it :p

o well my search continues

Back