need some advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM Legend

alright so my friend has a b18c1 with the trany together and hes gona sell it to me for 200 bucks and its from a 99 GSR and i know that its OBD2 and i wanna put it into my 95 si hatch and i wanted to know how hard or if its even worth to put it in because of the conversion of OBD2 to OBD1? or could i buy a harness and a New ECU?

$200? It's either broken or stolen. Or your friend is being far to nice to you. But if you are in fact getting an awesome deal, it's totally worth it. You'll need a GSR ecu and a conversion harness. I may be missing something because I'm tired and can't think, but I think that's it.

well hes selling it for 450 bucks but no ones buying it and he needs it gone and idk if i want it to go thro the hassle

oh and were could i find a converstion harness or do i have to make one?

Plenty of places to buy them. That swap is extremely common. And its not really a hassle. As far as engine swaps go, it's pretty much as plug and play as you can get.

That is easily $2000 worth of engine/transmission if there is nothing wrong with it. Hell, the head alone is worth 600+

A B18C motor and tranny goes for more than $200. *IF* this is legit, buy it, sell it for a huge profit, and then buy one that you know is in good condition. Chances are this motor is bunk--especially if you plan to rebuild it before even handing him money.

Check the engine stamp, too. Make sure it says B18C1 before you shell over anything.

yeah well i was wondering because it was supposed to be pulled out of a running 99 gsr that got in a rear end collision. and if im gona boost it i dont want miles on it anyways so thats why i was gona rebuild it anyways

Last edited:
well check the engine code..
i know gsr heads here go for $500,blocks idk,and the tranny goes for $600,
that is one hell of a deal,but id probably ge rid of it because as stated it sounds wrong

well i don't wanna get involved with a stolen engine or anything thatch not my scene im legit i pay for everything i have so.

3k03p73l05Qb5S95Re9bo1a8859afb4381c.jpg
heres a pic of it

its def. a gsr and its clean..but ask for papers..or take the vin to the PD and ask them to see if its stolen

if its from a friend i'm sure he knows if its stolen or not... or he knows and just doesnt care...

im am gona ask for pappers and do you mean the vin of the car? and like its notn a friend friend i just know him so its not like were buddy buddy i met him throu a friend to be honest

Back