Need some advise..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

Should i resleve this motor. My setup so far is endyns 12.5 pistons, using the egale rods. Iam also going to be using the b16 head with the itr vavletrain and thats it pretty much.

Will a blockgaurd be fine for this setup or will slevving the motor need to be done. THe b18b block iam using for all this has only 40k miles on it. The cylinder walls are in pretty good shape. I would really like to get this build done soon. And money isnt really all there to resleve the block. But should i go ahead and invest into this or will i be fine with just using a block guard? :(

Also I was told i need have my head ported? Iam not sure what that is yet? <_< Iam sorta new to builing or putting toghter motors. THis is only my second one but first bseries build. I had a sohc na setup. D16Z6 with oversized dx pistons.

you dont need to sleeve nor blockguard, if the sleeves are in good condition just rehone.. why do you want to use a blockguard? it will cause more damage than good.

I thought maybe since that the motor will probably see 9500rpms at the most. I had a lsvtec before that someone built and was always told just add one? Maybe to strethen up the vibration on the cynlinder walls at high rpms? I really dont know the whole reason why?

From what I understand, it goes into the existing water jackets, and this comes to my mind that it would make it more difficult for water to pass through, making it more prone to over heat.

what if i made for better cooling? to prevent the overheating?

What would make me feel better is last time i had a lsvtec i used oem internals .25 os itr's in a b18a1 using also a b16 head. Iam i looking at anymore of a problem with the durabilty of my slevves? Using the forged internals.

there isn't a durability issue with your sleeves at all if you're staying all motor. when boosting is when you need to worry about sleeves, then you resleeve. or if you were to go beyond an 81.5mm piston, then you would need to resleeve. you do not fit any of these categories so you dont' even need to worry about it. like they said, it interferes with cooling, i've heard of them slipping in the jackets, becoming uneven, block needs to be rehoned after it is installed.. i find it to be a waste of money, especially in an N/A car. spend your money where it will make a difference

Block guards shift the upper sleeve when you tap them in, so unless you bore the block with it in, you will do more harm than good.
If you sleeve yor block you need to ditch those pistons for some 84-85 mm ones. Why pay to sleeve then keep it a 1.8? A simple bore to 85 and new pistons and you have a 2ltr.

Back