Need some good tires for 14in HXs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

Can you guys tell me some good racing\allseason tires that will fit on HXs, because I see that most tires are made for 15in or bigger(HXs=14in), and when I say good I mean good, because I drive like a damn maniac, so I'm looking for something that will hug the ground on corners, stop on the dime, and have a good lifespan. Also please post prices.

The Azenis are great racing tires, but if you are going to use them as daily drivers I'd go with the Falken Ziex-512s...probably 10 bucks less per tire...you can get them at vulcan tire as well.

Originally posted by uconn1150@Sep 26 2004, 11:39 AM
The Azenis are great racing tires, but if you are going to use them as daily drivers I'd go with the Falken Ziex-512s...probably 10 bucks less per tire...you can get them at vulcan tire as well.
[post=394832]Quoted post[/post]​

Are the Falken Ziex-512s better than the Yokohama Avid H4S?

I was think that the H4S is better than the Ziex-512... most non-Azenis Falkens really aren't that great, but I've heard tons of positive reviews about the Avid series from Yokohama.

195/60/14 is a great Azenis size to run on HX wheels.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 26 2004, 02:21 PM
I was think that the H4S is better than the Ziex-512... most non-Azenis Falkens really aren't that great, but I've heard tons of positive reviews about the Avid series from Yokohama.

195/60/14 is a great Azenis size to run on HX wheels.
[post=394885]Quoted post[/post]​

yep, I run HX's with Azenis and they are brilliant. dry traction is incredible and wet traction isn't as bad as most make it seem like. we pretty much had a month and a half of monsoon season in MN this summer right after I got the tires and I never had a hydroplaning problem. I also autoX and for the price you can't get much better plus you don't have to feel bad doing burnouts and such because the tires are so cheap

but I won't be using them this winter because they won't be worth anything in cold weather

Back