Need Some help ASAP please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey hows it going? I do not know what is wrong with my car. 2 days ago I start my car put it in reverse back up, go to put it in 1st, and it revs up. doesnt spin the tires. I can go through all the gears sitting still and it wont move, the speedometer will go up and you can hear something spinning but no movement. The clutch is brand new(and i know how to drive) so Im not sure of what this could be. Any help is greatly apprieciated. Thanks!

who did the clutch??also did they replace the flywheel??if the bolts werent tightend down right they couldve come undone..but i really have no clue..

its either clutch / tranny / axles / shift linkage if the clutch is new 99.9999% chance that is ur problem loose pressure plate or grease on flywheel before u pull apart check shift linkage connection and check for popped out or broke axles

I would have to agree with that greasy flywheel but I would also check the halfshafts and make sure the didnt come out of either the transmission or the hub it self.

I think its the Axles. Cause whenever you go through the gears. you can hear everything in there spinning. The night it happened I jacked my car up and looked underneath and everything looked fine. Nothing was hanging down or out of place. Unless you cant tell if those axles popped out. My g/fs dad and I did the clutch, Hes been a mechanic for 25 years. I was there helping him and learning at the same time. We put everything back together correctly all the bolts were right. I checked the shift linkage, its fine cause you can feel the clutch engaging, and the flywheel shouldnt be greasy but i see what your talking about. Thanks for all your help guys.

This car has 216K on it with burnt rings and rust all over from when i bought it 2 years ago with 190K on it. Im looking for a new car anyways but if I couldnt get one I wanted to know what the problem is.

try and move axles by hand and see if they are loose or broke in knuckle if they where it would make loud grinding or crunching and proably leak its probably the clutch once i put in new clutch and didnt stop and go easy for 1000 miles to break it in and spun it and glaz over bad or it just might be a bad clutch

hmmm..i agree....axles are either broke or pressure plate problems...

Back