need some help asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skydive2144

I am just finishing up a B18c1 swap into a 94 civic. there are jsut a few little problems i am having finishing this up. i changed the transmission fluid, and when i added the new fluid, it started leaking out of where the pasanger side axel went into the tranny. when i looked closer it looks like the axel can still go in another inch or so, but i can not get it in there.
another thing is, once i got the engine in and everything connected i started it up, jsut to make sure it would turn on. there was no coolent in the engine but i was only making sure it was going to work so i wasnt worried about it. it was ideling really high. can this be just because there is no coolent in it? also i didnt put the ac back on, so with that belt not on can that be another reason for a high idle?

get the axle all the way in.. and naa that want make it idle high its probly just needs to be tweeked a little do you have any check codes

well this is me ,,but make sure its lined up and going in on its on, then take the axle nut and put it on the end of the axle backwards and srew it down just enough to cover up the threads so when you hit it with a hammer it wont close the threads up, but yea hit it with a hammer

ok axels are in and the tranny fluid is staying in. i can start up the car and move it around but the idle is very high, i dont know how high cuz i dont have a tach yet. after a little bit its startes to go up and down. can this be because i dont have the vtec wired yet?

i dont know what codes there are, i have no way of reading them, id have to bring the car somewhere. the check engine light is on thought. when i pulled the engine out of a gsr 3 days ago it ran fine.

well if your check engine light is on, over on the passenger side behind the kick panel there is a 2 wire plug jump the 2 wires together and the light will start blinking. long pulse =10s fast pulse=1s

well i found out why it was idleing so high. coming out of the intake manifold on the top, towrds the back there is somethign that a small hose would go onto. there is nothing i can find in the car to connect to this. when i cover it though, the idle goes to normal. so we plugged it up and took it for a ride. at first it was running ok, then after about 2 minutes the car had noo power at all.

well if your check engine light is on, over on the passenger side behind the kick panel there is a 2 wire plug jump the 2 wires together and the light will start blinking. long pulse =10s fast pulse=1s
any codes

well the check engine light is on, i am going to wire up the vtec tomorrow and shee if that helps at all. i have not checked to see what codes come up yet. do you know what is suposed to be connected to the intake manifold at that spot?

ok today i wired up the vtec and after i was done running the wires, i noticed that one of the wires that was coming out of the back of the distributor was cut and then jsut twisted back together. it was a blue wire, it is the wire you connect a tach to. the guy who had the engine before me had put a tach in his car and jsut cut the wire and twised them back together. so anyway i didnt like how that was so i soldered it back together. i went to turn the car on and nothing happened, i could hear the fuel pump going tho. so then i was playing with the wire i jsut soldered and a friend tried to start my car and it fired right up. and i foudn out if i held the wire on each side of the sodler joint about one inch away it would work. so i cut the solder out and the wires about an inch away from where the solder joint was and just added a small peice of wire to connect it and soldered it in. tried to start it up and nothing. then again if i pinched the wire outside the solder joint it would start. oh and by the way the wire was cut on the engine harness jsut before the clip that connected to the wires goign into the distributor. so then i took off the rubber coating of the wire on the other side of the clip, right where it was coming out of hte distributor, and then did the same thing on the engine harness right before the clip to the chassis harness. and then ran a wire between those two points. i figured this would bypass anything fucked up with the soldering. i went to turn it on and nothing. and now no matter where i try to connect the wire it wont start. i am fianlly done with the swap and this is the only thing keeping the car from driving.

anyone? i am stuck right now and am out of ideas. i really need to get this car running.

Listen to Ahhvtec and read your check code... near your ecu there is a small 2 wire plug. connect the two wires and then turn your can to the on position. the check engine light will blink. long blins is 10 short blink is one. So if it blinks 2 long and 1 short that is error code 21..... then search the forums to find the ecu codes and that will tell you whats wrong. And that small plug that you are talking about on your intake manifold sounds like its suppose to go the vacuum canister thats on the firewall... Its right under your fuel filter to the passanger side of the car. I think.

Back