need some help b16a1 in a 92 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tomuchtortillas

so im getting a a hatch with a b16 not in it but comes with it the engine is tooken apart the cars automatic right now but hes giving me a gsr tranny to i know im still gonna need some parts and pay for some tunning how much do you think i might be using in cash to get it done getting new mounts ,ecu ,converting it to manual ,wire harnesses ,some tunning any advice or correcting would be nice

Please use periods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No tuning required for a stock motor with matching factory ecu :)

So the engine is taken apart, or just not in the car?

Make sure it comes with axels. You'll need mounts, Hasport is a great place to go for those. Shift linkage don't forget! Radiator hoses. Rywire.com is a great place to look for harnesses.

This post was very generous. Search some more, so maybe you could atleast ask about the swap with some sort of basic knowledge....which is basicly what I've posted.

nevermind about the b16

Well the guy I traded cars with was bullshiting .the engine wasn't a b16 its a b18a the hatch has a d16y7 in it right now.. So now I'm not sure I mean is it worth putting the b18 together looken for a gsr tranny . The block looks kinda rustyish he said somthing about steam wash or somthing I wanna get some crowler cams valves retainers . I'd do pnp but to much cash. .what do you guys think I should get for the block and is putting the ls in the hatch a good mix ....

Shoot it would still be faster. How much is he asking for it? A steam clean is what he's saying. You can steam the engine bay, just avoid directly aiming at the dizzy and electronic stuff, but a steam clean will take most of the crap right off. Aluminum corrodes, but can not rust. fyi.

if the motor is apart dont mess with it cause usally you;ll be opening a can of worms.b18a is a good swap for a eg but u can always go better.as far as auto to manual go to the scrap yard and find ur self a eg coupe or a bubble and take the petal assembly ,clutch master cylinder ,and the line that goes from the clutch master to the slave cylinder and the shift linkage.

Well the guy I traded cars with was bullshiting .the engine wasn't a b16 its a b18a the hatch has a d16y7 in it right now.. So now I'm not sure I mean is it worth putting the b18 together looken for a gsr tranny . The block looks kinda rustyish he said somthing about steam wash or somthing I wanna get some crowler cams valves retainers . I'd do pnp but to much cash. .what do you guys think I should get for the block and is putting the ls in the hatch a good mix ....

So did you already do this trade? If you did, then I'm sorry to have to say this, but that was really dumb of you. You should have researched this a lot better before giving your car away...

Well thanks for helping and yeah I guess I fucked up. I really really needed the cash when he offerd he gave me 550 and I stayed with the slipstreams I had just bought but still from mistakes you learn right .so wish me luck on this project and I'm never busting a stuiped move like this again. atleast its reliable took a 6 hour trip down south yesterday went and came with ease. Tommarow I'm trowing away all the parts that aren't good from the engine and gonna see what I can do with this

Back