need some help guys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trevorsevoviii

ok well im selling my evo do to some financial issues, i dont feel like paying 1000 a month for the next 4 years lol. so anyways in a few months i think im gonna pick up a 95 civic hatch and start my build. i want a bad ass ride. im going to have another car for my daily driver so i want this thing to be abeast. still streetable but a beast. what i need to know is what do i need. i want the car to be reliable, i dont wanna cut corners and have stuff break all the time, at the same time i dont wanna waste money either. so what all do i need and what would be the best motor and turbo choice for what im looking for. my evo runs very low elevens and i would like my civic im building to be close to that. how much will it cost me to get a car there reliably. can i do it for 10k. let me know whats up guys. all help is very much appreciated. you guys are gonna be a huge part of my build.-travis

Lets start with the question which you will end up getting asked if I don't ask you...what are your goals? Are you wanting to boost or go n/a? Answer these simple questions as detailed as you can, perhaps including a budget that you have planned and we will be able to help you out better my friend. :D

definetly boost and im willing to put up to 10k if i need to just in go parts, id like to come close to a ten second car if possible i dont know what swap is best to achieve this but i was thinking a gsr swap and rebuild it

honestly theres a kid here in fall river pulling low 11's on a junk yard 95 ls with like 180,xxx on it..on 12 psi with a ebay turbo kit..so tens houldnt be hard..im going D series and you could easly hit 11's with the vintara set up..tune and toy rods..with suzuki pistons..and injecters and such jus matters what motor you wanna go with? dohc or sohc

well im getting someone to build the motor, i just wanted more than one opinion on what motor turbo combonation to go with, i can install everything myself i did on my evo

Go with a b18a/b integra ls engine swap first. Like Blanco said, a machine shop build is best for you if you can afford it. Building an engine is something you do not want to tackle without experience. :thumbsup:

well i would honestly say call up dart (248-362-1180) get eather an ls or b20 sleeved block they should ave long blocks also i cant remember.if u want you own custom compresion they should be able to do that also.i dont know what price range there running but good power is good power.if you want to go the way of building yourself call up eagle (662-796-7373)get a crank rod piston kit. on the head i would use b16 or b18c5. i use sk2 alot(915-808-9888) they have a vast range of parts. talk to brian or charles let them know what your running and what you want total for power.they should be able to help you out with head internals/many and throtle body.hondata is your best friend if your gowing boost.for a chassy thats up to you i would throw out 92 integra 93 civic hatch 91 crx.for turbo theres alot of things you can use thats up to you man.... your gowing to need a lot of other ods and ends i could sit here all day talking about parts you would want... but theres a decent block and internals all you need then isthe ride..if you want like a full how to this that and the other parts i might need hit me up.

Back